Question

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

nikitakit

Question

Postby nikitakit » Fri May 04, 2007 5:08 am

After reading the announcement on the wesnoth forums, I finally desided to check out this game.

However, the release seems to only have messages encouraging people to contribute to the game. How can I see all of the different places in the screenshots when I can't get out of the cave?

EDIT:

I'd also like to add anther thing: the download sub-headings (latest, previous) both say "The first Hero of Allacrost release is currently under production." However, they give no mention of where to download anything.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Fri May 04, 2007 5:23 am

If you read my post on the Wesnoth forums closely, you'd see that I said that the next demo release is coming out soon. What you are playing is our first demo (released in October last year), which was not nearly as complete graphically or gameplay-wise.

Thanks for pointing out that error with the sub-headings; I was completely unaware of that embarrassing mistake. We'll fix that ASAP (clicking the main download heading brings you to the correct page).
nikitakit

Postby nikitakit » Fri May 04, 2007 5:32 am

I've just signed up for an account on the site. However, none of the images show on the account pages :? Any ideas why?
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Fri May 04, 2007 5:53 am

Because our website is badly maintained. There's actually many many things broken with it right now, but our web designer has been MIA for quite a long time now, and we haven't been able to find anyone else willing to fill the gap and get our site running smoothly again.
nikitakit

Postby nikitakit » Fri May 04, 2007 6:12 am

Can I help with the website in any way?
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Fri May 04, 2007 4:40 pm

We would sure appreciate it if you could. Do you know PHP and/or have experience working with Drupal (that's the CM that our website uses)?
nikitakit

Postby nikitakit » Sat May 05, 2007 6:00 am

I don't know how to use Drupal, but I can try doing php code for the site.
nikitakit

Postby nikitakit » Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am

Is there anything I can do with php?
Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Wed May 09, 2007 1:42 am

nikitakit wrote:Is there anything I can do with php?

Yeah, there definitely is - lemme flog whoever has access into showing you the ropes.
Loodwig
Musician

Postby Loodwig » Wed May 09, 2007 2:35 am

the nice thing about drupal as a CMS is that you can put php code right into it. We use it at work to manage our (albeit ugly) website. Set it up as you feel, and use smarty and php with it. It's fun!
"We want a simpler and more melodic style for music, a simple, less complicated emotional state, and dissonance again relegated to its proper place as one element of music..."
~Sergei Prokofiev
nikitakit

Postby nikitakit » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:21 pm

I've just tried playing your latest version again. Unfortunately, I've run into some problems. I can't talk with any of the NPCs. They purposely move out of my way, so I have to chase them. However, I end up in battle before I reach them. When i leave battle, they're already on the opposite side of the screen. What am I missing?
rujasu
Developer

Postby rujasu » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:38 pm

nikitakit wrote:I've just tried playing your latest version again. Unfortunately, I've run into some problems. I can't talk with any of the NPCs. They purposely move out of my way, so I have to chase them. However, I end up in battle before I reach them. When i leave battle, they're already on the opposite side of the screen. What am I missing?

I had this problem when I played the 0.1.0 demo. You can talk to them, but it's really difficult. This problem was fixed in the svn code, but not in the demo. Fortunately, it is not an issue in the soon-to-be-released (seriously!) 0.2.0 demo.

Return to “User Feedback”