Looks cool

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

Classic_gamer

Looks cool

Postby Classic_gamer » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:29 am

I found this site in Roots sig at the Wesnoth forums. I love the art for this game. I can't wait for you to release a build and some code.

By the way, how large do you think the game will be when you release it?
Roots
Dictator

Re: Looks cool

Postby Roots » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:58 am

Classic_gamer wrote:I found this site in Roots sig at the Wesnoth forums. I love the art for this game. I can't wait for you to release a build and some code.

By the way, how large do you think the game will be when you release it?

I love the artwork too. :) I don't know how I managed to get so many talented bastards to join ranks with me, but I'm glad I did.

Have you read about our "modular release model"? Hmm, actually I don't think that info is on the new site anymore. I'll have to get Tim to change that. :angel: Well basically, we are going to be releasing this game in pieces called modules. The first module will contain the beginning of the game and likely have something on the order of 30 minutes of gameplay. Each chapter of the narrative corresponds to a module. The prologue which I wrote back in June is being edited right now to make it sound all poetic and crap, because Balthazar is about 100x of a more skilled writer than I, but I'm a good story-teller (or so I've been told). The new prologue should be made available on the site soon, so keep checking back.

As for how large/long the whole game will be.....I have no idea. :heh: I'm just going to naturally continue writing the narrative and when it ends, it ends. :cool: Oh and one final thing: if you would like to see the latest snapshot of the code I can make that available if anyone would like to see it.
Classic_gamer

Postby Classic_gamer » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:38 am

Thanks for the info Roots. :)

I think the snapshot of code would be a cool feature. But I don't know how much I would understand. My C++ is not as good as I would like it too be (that is what you are writing it in, right?), but i'm learning.

Edit: When I asked how large the game will be, I ment the digital size, like in mega bytes.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:48 am

yeah we are writing the engine in C++ and using Lua for scripting.

I honestly have no idea how large the game would be in terms of size. The last compressed tarball of the code I made a few days ago is 43,472 bytes and the latest executable file is 217,656 bytes. Artwork and music will obviously take up much more memory than the code though.

Return to “User Feedback”