Improvements

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

SpikedTerminology

Improvements

Postby SpikedTerminology » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:33 pm

Hi... I love the look of the game.

I think though that you are letting yourself down by having such brilliant sprites and then going and making such plain and ugly maptiles.

They need serious work. This is my suggestion.

Hope all goes well in the future.

Paul, Spiked Terminology
BigPapaN0z
Artist

Thx

Postby BigPapaN0z » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:05 pm

Thx for the feedback Paul, it is greatly appreciated!

I'm THE tileartist on the team, and I just wanted to let you know why the maptiles are "so ugly." :angel:

I joined the team just 2 weeks before the screenshot releases and was the only tile artist. Another gentleman had been working on them, but had other obligations to fullfill, so I was left to pickup where he left off. Unfortunately, only a handful of tiles were ever received from him, so I was left to do all the tiles in this two week period. Toss in there that I also was in the middle of moving, it made for a rather interesting two weeks. But all that aside, I have already started redoing the tiles from scratch and now have more time to do so, with no immediate deadlines. :)

We really hope you are looking forward to our first release as much as we enjoy making it for you!
[img:256:64]http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/bigpapan0z/bpn_allacrost_sig.png[/img]
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:34 pm

What he said. :angel: Don't worry, our standard of quality will be much higher than our first screenshots. Remember they were our first, meaning that things can only start looking better. :D

Return to “User Feedback”