Intro

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

TytOBug

Intro

Postby TytOBug » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:50 pm

Just out of curiosity, will you be including the prolog in the game? or will it be internet format? i guess..... being a not so great reader :angel: after the scorpian battle, i kinda got... :heh: well anyways, i'll go back and read the rest later... i was just curious as to how you'll incorporate the long prolog into a game (especially for lazy kids like me) :huh:

p.s. - hehe, tyler - u're from austin? do u got to UT Austin?
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:01 pm

Yes the prologue will be in the game. The first game module we release will be based entirely on the prologue. I know it seems long in writing, but it takes a lot of words to describe the scene well enough for the reader to understand what is taking place, whereas in the game we have graphics to do that. :approve: I'm just taking a stab here, but I don't think the prologue will have more than 30 minutes of play time included. And it will be interactive. You will be able to walk around in the desert cave and fight enemies and such. The only non-interactive part will be right in the beginning as they are walking to the cave.

And to answer the personal question, I've actually never been to Austin (yet), but I'm going to UT Austin next year for grad school and I'll probably be there most of the time for the next 6 years or so, so I figured I might as well get used to calling it home :D
TytOBug

Postby TytOBug » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:04 pm

well, that's good that there will be some interactivity. i was gonna suggest some type of bg graphics for each paragraph or something. but yeah, it would def keep me entertained ;)

haha, as for UT Austin, it's a HUGE place. over half of my friends are going there next year (freshman undergrads). i'm from houston... originally i was gonna go there too, but then i decided to major in art, so now i'm going up to nyc for school (since they have some of the best art colleges).
gorzuate
Developer

Postby gorzuate » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:45 pm

:think: yeah, we could have the prologue scroll by like the Star Wars intro! he he...nah, that wouldn't be fun to program...or play
Biohazard
Former Staff

Postby Biohazard » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:14 pm

well, that's good that there will be some interactivity. i was gonna suggest some type of bg graphics for each paragraph or something. but yeah, it would def keep me entertained

Fullscreen art will be inserted to spice things up :)
It will be one of Allacrost's many features :approve:

Return to “User Feedback”