*claps*

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

Eve

*claps*

Postby Eve » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:37 pm

I bumped here somehow and one word I can say, "whoaaa!"
It's for you guys who work really hard to make this game. I hope you can finish it soon... can't wait to play it ^-^

I see a promising work here, just keep up with the good work. :approve:

Do you have any aim of how long is this game will be? Most RPG games can be beaten in 20-40 hours.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:41 pm

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the encouragement. :) I think the game length is addressed somwhere in the FAQ. Yup found it:

How long will the game be?

As long as it needs to be to tell the story. Hour-wise though, I'd say we are shooting for a minimum of 40 hours of game time through a 'normal' play-through.

Honestly I'd like it to be longer than most RPGs. Since we're releasing the game in modules, it will be like watching a TV series or reading a serialized manga. But I don't want to force the story to stretch out either. So I don't know. I guess we'll leave it up to fate. :heh:
Eve

Postby Eve » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:21 pm

Ah, thanks for pointing it out ^-^

Moduled RPG? I've just heard such thing here. Is it like patches/episodes in MMORPG?
-- ThE.wOrlD.iS.nOt.bEaUtiFuL, thEreForE.iT.is --
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:36 pm

Eve wrote:Ah, thanks for pointing it out ^-^

Moduled RPG? I've just heard such thing here. Is it like patches/episodes in MMORPG?

I've never heard of a modular RPG either actually. :heh: Basically what we are planning to do is to release "modules" of the game at a time. So, for example, the first module we release will allow the player to only play the first 30 minutes of the game or so. When the second module is released, you "patch it" onto the game and you will be able to pick up where you left off and play the next portion of the game.

The reasons we're doing such a thing are the following:

1) Allows us to release a playable version much sooner than if we made the entire full-fledged game. :)

2) Spending years and years making a game and not releasing anything unti it's done is very taxing on the mind and it's easy to loose momentum/motivation. Having a more immediate and tangible goal allows us to focus and not get discouraged as easily.

3) The open-source mantra is "release early, release often"
Eve

Postby Eve » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:32 am

The only thing that is patched is the the story not the game, right? I mean, even if you've finished a chapter (lol, I prefer to call it chapters then modules XD don't mind me) you can still play but the story it's not enhancing.

I agree... it takes years to make a complete game so it's better release it this way.
-- ThE.wOrlD.iS.nOt.bEaUtiFuL, thEreForE.iT.is --
BigPapaN0z
Artist

Not totally

Postby BigPapaN0z » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:04 am

Anything that needs to be 'patched' will be modified. The story will remain the same, just the next part of the story is added. Also, the needed graphics, scripts, and music will also be packaged.
[img:256:64]http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/bigpapan0z/bpn_allacrost_sig.png[/img]

Hello!

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:10 am

Hello! I have also just found this game - by Roots's topic in the [url="http://www.wesnoth.org/]Wesnoth[/url] forums. Some people may know me from there. I think this game is pretty cool. :approve: You also seem to have cooler emoticons than Wesnoth, like :axe: and :hack: , my two favorites. :cool: Anyways, once again, hey there and nice job on this cool game.

Return to “User Feedback”