Terrible release announcement !

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

Terrible release announcement !

Postby freegamer » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am

Your release announcement for "Demo 1.0.0" is absolute rubbish.

No changelog, not even a basic overview of what to expect, no elaboration on goals, no instructions of any kind other than a link to sourceforge, no screenshots, no nothing other than "hey we released".

The main thing is you made a release, but skipping the 5 minutes it would have taken to make the release announcement something that intrigues people is probably causing disinterest.

Fix it.

Re: Terrible release announcement !

Postby rujasu » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:04 pm

freegamer wrote:Fix it.

Entitled much?

I'm all for valid criticisms, but to come in here and attack our project because you don't think our release announcement is good enough for you? In case you haven't noticed, we're running with a skeleton crew right now. Less than that, even. We don't have a writer for the website or anything like that. Right now it's pretty much me writing the code, creating game content, doing two of the releases, and maintaining the website. (Gorzuate helped with the other release, and we also had translations done by marcavis and Bertram.) I'm doing this in my free time, since I'm also working a full-time job and having a social life. I haven't put as much time into this project lately as I'd like, but really, what time I do have at this point will be spent mostly on game content and not on PR, nor on satisfying your whims.

I may add some elaboration to the announcement in the next day or two, but don't come in here and act like we're obligated to do it for you.

Next time you have a request, I would suggest you show some courtesy.

Return to “User Feedback”