Don't get either the skills or/and the Equip thing in menu

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

shirish

Don't get either the skills or/and the Equip thing in menu

Post by shirish » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi all,
Maybe I do not understand it or maybe its not there but there does not seem to be a way to either cycle through all the skills that a player has. Also there does not seem to be any way to know what a particular skill does vis-a-vis using some other skill. For instance what's the difference between Stun Strike vs Blade rush, apart from SP expense there is no idea . Also what is SP ? Special Points or something else ?

Can somebody tell me where is the boss fight ? Is it just the one which is named battle in the boot menu or is there one in the sewers or underground tunne system somewhere ?

Secondly, I read it either on the forums somewhere or on the freegamedev planet or somewhere else but there's supposed to be an awesome skill. While Lukar has gone till lvl 19 I haven't seen any awesome skills as of yet, he has the same 4-5 skills he had since the beginning.

Claudius meanwhile has been raised to lvl 7 and while he earned something called defensive stance I do not see that in his skills-set while killing/dealing with the monsters.
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,
Roots
Dictator

Re: Don't get either the skills or/and the Equip thing in me

Post by Roots » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:57 pm

SP stands for skill points. The difference between the skills is not explained yet, because we have not put in the explanations nor the ability to view those explanations at this time.

The boss fight is in the river bed area of the cave. If you have not gotten there yet, what you need to do is go the area on the top left side of the map, above the two large pits. Go to the top right of this area and you'll see a large black hole in the cave wall on the right side. Walk up to it, and you'll pass through. If this is not obvious enough that you can go through the wall and come out in a new area. Maybe we need to add something to indicate or tell the player that they can pass through this wall.

I don't remember writing or reading anything about an "awesome skill". Lukar has all the skills that you can currently learn, and he will not learn any new ones. The other characters will gradually learn all of the skills that Lukar has as they gain experience levels, but all four of them are restricted to the same skill set at this time.

If Claudius gained a skill and you did not see it in the battle menu, then I guess we have another new bug to squash. :hack:
shirish

Post by shirish » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:15 am

Roots wrote:SP stands for skill points. The difference between the skills is not explained yet, because we have not put in the explanations nor the ability to view those explanations at this time.

Ok.

Roots wrote:The boss fight is in the river bed area of the cave. If you have not gotten there yet, what you need to do is go the area on the top left side of the map, above the two large pits. Go to the top right of this area and you'll see a large black hole in the cave wall on the right side. Walk up to it, and you'll pass through. If this is not obvious enough that you can go through the wall and come out in a new area. Maybe we need to add something to indicate or tell the player that they can pass through this wall.

Guess what is going to be copied to a notepad/txt file. Will try it tonight.

Roots wrote:I don't remember writing or reading anything about an "awesome skill". Lukar has all the skills that you can currently learn, and he will not learn any new ones. The other characters will gradually learn all of the skills that Lukar has as they gain experience levels, but all four of them are restricted to the same skill set at this time.
Roots wrote:
hmm.... probably one of the older threads about Luka's awesome skills .

I do hope though that at some point having skill/s which can injure multiple enemies or/and heal multiple and single friends should be there. I know both the skills have been done to death in many an RPG game but still is cool.

Roots wrote:If Claudius gained a skill and you did not see it in the battle menu, then I guess we have another new bug to squash. :hack:

yup, its defensive stance which he got as an upgrade but do not see it when he's battling.
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,
rujasu
Developer

Post by rujasu » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:19 pm

shirish wrote:yup, its defensive stance which he got as an upgrade but do not see it when he's battling.

Look under "Defend" rather than "Attack".
shirish

Post by shirish » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:51 pm

ok my bad. Thanks for the hint about the boss fight though. The sad thing though is there is now nothing to test against after gaining a few levels of my four heroes. I go to the site/place where the boss fight happened and nobody says anything :(