Development packages contain SVN files

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

ManweSulimo2004

Development packages contain SVN files

Postby ManweSulimo2004 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:08 am

I just wanted to point out that the Windows package of the new dev release contains a bunch of .svn folders. After installing the game the Allacrost folder was about 164 MB in size. I then removed the svn files and the game folder was reduced to less than 100 MB. Not sure if this is in the packages for other platforms (or releases).
Roots
Dictator

Re: Development packages contain SVN files

Postby Roots » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:10 am

I think someone else mentioned this to us for our June 2011 release and I thought rujasu took a look at it and was unable to reproduce the problem (ie he didn't see any svn folders). I may be wrong about that though.
nan

Postby nan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:42 am

In the nsi file look for

Code: Select all

File /r
and replace with

Code: Select all

File /r /x .*

No patch here as I am not sure which file you are using, the one in the allacrost dir or the other in allacrost-win32-depends\Makefiles.
rujasu
Developer

Postby rujasu » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Well, I'm still looking into it basically, haven't had time to know for sure. It appears that, since the files are duplicated, it doesn't actually affect the size of the self-extracting .exe, but I guess it makes the output folder larger. I'm more concerned with the size of the file going over the Internet rather than how much disk space it takes up, though certainly I'd rather not waste 60-some megs of everyone's hard drive.

The .nsi I'm using is in SVN; it's a modified version of WK's script (the one in allacrost-win32-depends).

I'll try nan's suggestion. I was going to do it just by stripping out the .svn folders with a script or something, but that would be cleaner and much easier to do for the frequent releases.

In any case, I will certainly do testing to make sure this is fixed for the "official" releases.

Return to “User Feedback”