Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

Side Quests? Non-linearity

Discuss the story of the game and share your thoughts here

Moderator: Staff

Rain
Musician

Side Quests? Non-linearity

Post by Rain » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:14 pm

One thing I know about every good RPG I have ever played is that there are multiple hidden side quests and secrets that empower your characters for the battles that lie ahead. An example of this...
FF^ Finding the secret room under the stair case in the esper cave, where you receive the Atma Weapon and some other amazing treasures.
Chrono Trigger: pretty much all of the quests at the end of the game are so amazing and add so much "touch" to the experience.

How linear is this story going to be? As someone who has played games pretty much well, TOO MUCH, I have found that breaks (side quests) are sometimes imperative for keeping the player immersed in the experience. Just a suggestion...
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:02 pm

No worries, I'm also a fan of side-quests and we'll have plenty of them. :D They won't be written in the narrative though, since you can't really have "side quests" in a novel. :heh: But I'm guessing the game will be completely linear for at least the first two releases, and gradually open up after that. Who knows, maybe we can even hold a "design a sidequest" contest among the players and the best idea gets implemented in the game. :angel:
Rain
Musician

Post by Rain » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:10 pm

Roots wrote:No worries, I'm also a fan of side-quests and we'll have plenty of them. :D They won't be written in the narrative though, since you can't really have "side quests" in a novel. :heh: But I'm guessing the game will be completely linear for at least the first two releases, and gradually open up after that. Who knows, maybe we can even hold a "design a sidequest" contest among the players and the best idea gets implemented in the game. :angel:

interesting...

Works

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:32 am

[quote="Rain"][/quote]

That works so well for me, thanks.
Rain
Musician

Re: Works

Post by Rain » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:49 pm

drawer5676 wrote:
Rain wrote:

That works so well for me, thanks.

:eyebrow:
'When Zeon lost his powers, he fell to Earth, and created a giant crator where he hit. His moan destroyed the mountains and the crater was buried by the debris.'

(of Zeon)