Quick idea for main screen

Got a great idea for HoA or wish to discuss a current feature? Let us know about it!

Moderator: Staff

fydo
Contributor

Quick idea for main screen

Postby fydo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:45 pm

Howdy! (Yay, first post)

I just had a quick idea for the main menu screen of Allacrost.
I'm thinking (hoping?) that you've got the main graphic (Claudius standing in front of the castle thing) in layers somewhere?

Because it would be really cool to have it be split up into four separate images and arranged in this order (from front to back):

1. Foreground dust
2. Claudius & the ground he's standing on
3. Background dust
4. Castle and rest of the background

It could be animated such that Layer 1 could be slowly moving horizontally and Layer 3 could also be moving in the same direction (at an even slower speed)

Would create some nice looking movement that isn't too distracting from the main elements of the image (Claudius and castle)

Aaand just to add to the idea, though I realize it may not be feasible or done very easily, it might be cool to have the cape gently flapping in the breeze. You could use vectors if you wanted nice smooth animation, or individual frames if you wanted an oldschool look.

So yeah, that's my idea :)
--== fydo.net ==--
MindFlayer
Developer

Postby MindFlayer » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:16 pm

I do like your idea of making the main-screen more lively. However, there are way too many things to do right now than eye-candy only for the main-screen.

But if/when we've got the time - sure, why not? :)
Linds
Developer

Postby Linds » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:15 pm

Mmmm, I love the idea. Shouldn't be too hard to do, either.
Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Linds wrote:Mmmm, I love the idea. Shouldn't be too hard to do, either.

Except the graphics, since the guy who made that image is _long_ gone. Thus, doing this would necessitate a brand new image (which probably wouldn't be a bad thing, since claudius' appearance has changed, markedly, since that was drawn - he no longer has a flat top, for one.

I would wait on this till after the prologue module is out, since our current artists have more important jobs to do, and since the current screen looks fine for what it is.

It's a cool idea, though, and I'd like to see it done eventually - such things worked great for Secret of Mana 2.

Return to “Ideas and Game Features”