Walking speed

Got a great idea for HoA or wish to discuss a current feature? Let us know about it!

Moderator: Staff

Brian
Writer

Walking speed

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:30 am

This may have already been addressed, but in case it has not...

...I've played through the tech demo several times now and the walking speed is a problem, in my opinion. You move far too slow. For example, in town, if one of the NPC's is walking away from you, you can't catch them. It slows down the pace of the game.

My suggestion is to keep the current walking speed as it is, but make running an option by holding down a key.
A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul.
Roots
Dictator

Re: Walking speed

Postby Roots » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:27 pm

Brian Aloisi wrote:This may have already been addressed, but in case it has not...

...I've played through the tech demo several times now and the walking speed is a problem, in my opinion. You move far too slow. For example, in town, if one of the NPC's is walking away from you, you can't catch them. It slows down the pace of the game.

My suggestion is to keep the current walking speed as it is, but make running an option by holding down a key.

That feature has already been added in the latest development version. :)
Jetryl
Artist

Re: Walking speed

Postby Jetryl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:22 pm

Roots wrote:
Brian Aloisi wrote:This may have already been addressed, but in case it has not...

That feature has already been added in the latest development version. :)

With actual -running- images for the main characters, no less.

The mechanics are like diablo; you have a stamina bar that gets gradually depleted as you run, and when it runs dry, you have to walk for a bit to recuperate it. While in-town, your stamina bar never runs out.

(Incidentally, it's also like Chrono Trigger, except with the added provision that you have to catch your breath now and then; honestly it probably works like a -lot- of games.)
Brian
Writer

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:44 pm

You guys are so ontop of it ;)
A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul.

Return to “Ideas and Game Features”