Misc. Features

Got a great idea for HoA or wish to discuss a current feature? Let us know about it!

Moderator: Staff

Eve

Misc. Features

Postby Eve » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:58 am

I've read through the features and I couldn't find anything about some misc. features (or probably I missed it?). A few features I'd like to suggest:

1. MINI GAMES

I think it'll be fun to have mini games so we can take a break from the story for a while. Another thing is, mini games can keep a player playing the game while waiting for the next release.

2. SIDE QUESTS

I saw this in a thread. What I'm thinking are: some side quests is to gain certain items, but some others contribute as a minor part of the story. However, we can still continue the storyline without having to do the side quests.

Alright that's all for now. Tell me what you think and probably some more ideas? :)
-- ThE.wOrlD.iS.nOt.bEaUtiFuL, thEreForE.iT.is --
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:10 am

Oh we'll absolutely have those two things. :approve: Not for the first couple of releases though, but later. And I'm also going to write up a developer's doc so people can create their own mini-game add-ons if they want. Who knows, maybe we'll have a contest or something and the best mini-game will be included in the official game. :D
Eve

Postby Eve » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:32 am

Yay, that would be great. Contest is a good thing, we can get more ideas from there.

Oh, and another idea is about trading... lol, not that I'm money oriented, but I found trading items and gaining money from it has its own enjoyment.
-- ThE.wOrlD.iS.nOt.bEaUtiFuL, thEreForE.iT.is --
Classic_gamer

Postby Classic_gamer » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:10 am

Roots wrote:Oh we'll absolutely have those two things. :approve: Not for the first couple of releases though, but later. And I'm also going to write up a developer's doc so people can create their own mini-game add-ons if they want. Who knows, maybe we'll have a contest or something and the best mini-game will be included in the official game. :D

Oh man, a contest. That would be so cool! :D May the best geek win! I can't wait!

Now I have to go sharpen my C++ skills and learn the SDL library. :hack:
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:17 pm

Classic_gamer wrote:
Roots wrote:Oh we'll absolutely have those two things. :approve: Not for the first couple of releases though, but later. And I'm also going to write up a developer's doc so people can create their own mini-game add-ons if they want. Who knows, maybe we'll have a contest or something and the best mini-game will be included in the official game. :D

Oh man, a contest. That would be so cool! :D May the best geek win! I can't wait!

Actually you shouldn't need to learn any SDL, because the game engine handles all those calls. :angel: I think it will be pretty easy to write a guide explaining the basics.
Classic_gamer

Postby Classic_gamer » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:37 am

Roots wrote:
Classic_gamer wrote:

Actually you shouldn't need to learn any SDL, because the game engine handles all those calls. :angel: I think it will be pretty easy to write a guide explaining the basics.

Oh cool. Well I was planning to learn SDL anyways, because I would like to be able to program cross-platform games and applications (I just need to sharpen my C++ skills first, because I really need too).
BigPapaN0z
Artist

Postby BigPapaN0z » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:43 am

Oh oh! How about you walk into a building and some guy with a funny mask and a big nose charges you 5 coins to shoot your bow at moving targets on the opposing wall! :D

Damn, now that I think about it; that idea may already been taken. :heh:
[img:256:64]http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/bigpapan0z/bpn_allacrost_sig.png[/img]

Return to “Ideas and Game Features”