My idea for the "Credits"-screen

Got a great idea for HoA or wish to discuss a current feature? Let us know about it!

Moderator: Staff

MindFlayer
Developer

My idea for the "Credits"-screen

Postby MindFlayer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:34 pm

Okay this may not be the most important thing right now but I think it's a cool feature so I'll post it here in case I forget it again...

Most players will probably view credits longer if there's something special in there, not just changing pictures or sketches, so here's my proposal:

The background should contain a picture of ALL the character sprites in a funny pose somehow, sort of like in Porco Rosso (a great movie BTW.) when the pirates take that photo...

Something like this:

What do you think? :D I've always wanted this in my games... Either that, or Super Mario World-style "monster gallery" ;)
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:43 pm

I like the idea. :) Yeah, I definitely want to make the credits screen something worth watching. Just seeing a bunch of text scrolling by is boring, and no one will care about it.
MindFlayer
Developer

Postby MindFlayer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:45 pm

Oh, I almost forgot! Of course there will be also _some_ text scrolling BUT that will be done Ultima-style :) With lots of funny quotes from the game-makers  :D

Return to “Ideas and Game Features”