FF6 algorithms

A discussion area for general design issues that staff would like detailed feedback on.

Moderator: Staff

roos
Developer

FF6 algorithms

Postby roos » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:47 pm

Hey guys :)

I was reading through this article out of interest, talks about some of the formulas used in FF6's battle system. Dunno if this will be useful for programming but if nothing else it may be an interesting read:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/fil ... rithms.txt
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:35 pm

Sweet, this should be pretty useful for us. Thanks Raj. :D

GameFAQs whines and cries about linking directly to that page though. I had to go to GameFAQs and look it up myself. :bash:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/554041.html

That's the link to the FFIII (VI) page, and the algorithms guide is titled "Algorithms" in the list of FAQs. Lets hope that link works. ;)
EmreBFG
Team Manager

Postby EmreBFG » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:54 pm

Man, freaking content block at work. They don't block a ton of "distraction" sites, but they block some. It's patchy, at best, and annoying, at the very least. Just let me free! It's lunch for heaven's sake :angel:

That said, I remember reading that document. It's pretty interesting, and I hope to use an adaption in a game some day. Thanks, Roos.
Steu
Developer

Postby Steu » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:44 pm

emrebfg wrote:Man, freaking content block at work. They don't block a ton of "distraction" sites, but they block some. It's patchy, at best, and annoying, at the very least. Just let me free! It's lunch for heaven's sake :angel:

That said, I remember reading that document. It's pretty interesting, and I hope to use an adaption in a game some day. Thanks, Roos.

easy solution to your problem (as long as they don't block ssh.) Install an ssh server on your home machine, and setup an ssh tunnel, then set your browser's proxy to the tunnel, browse the web completely anonymous. :heh:

Return to “Design”