Luabind or Lua problem when building Allacrost

For those having trouble installing/running the game or to report a bug

Moderator: Staff

murat

Luabind or Lua problem when building Allacrost

Post by murat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:00 pm

I have lua-5.0.3 and luabind-0.7 installed on my system and I get the error below.
http://sudrap.org/paste/644/

Any help would be appraciated.

Murat
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:51 pm

What system are you running and from where did you install luabind (OS provided binary, compiled it yourself, etc)? I've experienced similar problems on my Debian system before because the Luabind package on there was bad (but a fix has since been made available on sid). I'm about 95% sure its a problem with your Luabind install and not with our code.
murat

Post by murat » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:18 am

I'm using Pardus GNU/Linux, installed lua from Pardus repository and I compiled luabind myself.
If you can tell me how you fixed luabind, I can try it.
Thanks for help
Winter Knight
Contributor

Post by Winter Knight » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:47 am

See this page: http://bugs.debian.org/442090 . It is Debian's bug report regarding this issue. The last post, the one where it is fixed, describes how it was fixed. It looks like you add a command option, and remove a library link.

Are you compiling allacrost yourself, or using a supplied binary? Which binary?
hank2000

Re: Luabind or Lua problem when building Allacrost

Post by hank2000 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi there.

On a OpenSuse 13.1 with lua 5.2.2 I tried to compile Allacrost as a binary version wasn t found for actual suse!
is there still an issue with luabind and the following errors I tried to attach as screenshot?

I tried every development-file to add that s possible and tried use two different versions of allacrost source as well.
Always get those error messages in different meanings?
screenshot2.png
screenshot2.png (9.89 KiB) Viewed 6441 times
If I need to add something, pls let me know, it s been a while that I was more used to configuration and stuff... :bow:

thx
hank
Attachments
screenshot1.png
screenshot1.png (15.32 KiB) Viewed 6441 times
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Thu May 28, 2015 3:05 am

Hi Hank. Luabind has been such a pain for us in the past that a while back we decided to actually include the Luabind source and compile it directly with Allacrost (it's in src/luabind). So the problem shouldn't be with the version of Lua you have installed on your system I think. I'm on Linux Mint and have Lua 5.2.2 installed on my system (which compiles/runs Allacrost just fine). Here's what I suggest you try:

1) Make sure you have the lua development libraries installed, not just the runtime. On my system I have the following Lua packages installed: lua5.2, liblua5.2-0, liblua5.2-dev
2) If you have all the Lua packages, it might be a missing boost library (the luabind code in our source requires boost to compile). I have the libboost-all-dev package installed on my system (version 1.54.0.1)

Let me know if that fixes the issue for you or not. If not, can you copy/paste the direct error text to your next post? It's a little hard to read from the screenshot as parts of the error text are cut off. Thanks.
hank2000

Post by hank2000 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:04 am

Hi roots

oops, just noticed after Your writing that something s missing in the screenshots, and I thought I did it extra good ;-)
will check all the libs and development packages and try again.
I am goin to install a new Mageia testbed on my old Duron PC and will try there, too if it doesn t work on Suse and let You know the results.

thx
hank
hank2000

Post by hank2000 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:44 am

Hi,

as it looks now, the configure-script works well except for some lua_newstate checking from lua version 5.1 which it doesn t find but gives no further warning.
then starting ´make´ gets the following printout (BTW: same with allacrost version 1.0.2 which I tried as well):

make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/tmp/allacrost-0.1.0'
Making all in txt
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/tmp/allacrost-0.1.0/txt'
make[2]: Für das Ziel »all« ist nichts zu tun.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/allacrost-0.1.0/txt'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/tmp/allacrost-0.1.0'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/AL -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -I./src/luabind -I./src/luabind/luabind -I./src/luabind/luabind/detail -I./src/luabind/src -I./src -I./src/engine -I./src/engine/audio -I./src/engine/video -I./src/engine/script -I./src/global -I./src/common -I./src/common/global -I./src/common/gui -I./src/modes -I./src/modes/battle -I./src/modes/boot -I./src/modes/map -I./src/modes/menu -I./src/modes/save -I./src/modes/shop -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/games/allacrost\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/games/allacrost/txt\" -DPACKAGE=\"allacrost\" -I/usr/X11R6/include -Wall -O3 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/Qt3Support -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -Wall -O3 -MT main.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/main.Tpo -c -o main.o `test -f 'src/main.cpp' || echo './'`src/main.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/boost/utility/detail/in_place_factory_prefix.hpp:21:0,
from /usr/include/boost/utility/in_place_factory.hpp:16,
from /usr/include/boost/optional/optional.hpp:37,
from /usr/include/boost/optional.hpp:15,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:31,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_member.hpp:34,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/wrapper_base.hpp:31,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/back_reference.hpp:27,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/class.hpp:93,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/luabind.hpp:28,
from ./src/engine/script/script.h:41,
from src/main.cpp:45:
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_member.hpp:319:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
#elif BOOST_PP_ITERATION_FLAGS() == 1
^
./src/luabind/luabind/wrapper_base.hpp:92:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp:326:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
^
./src/luabind/luabind/wrapper_base.hpp:92:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_member.hpp:319:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/get_signature.hpp:163:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
^
^
^
In file included from ./src/luabind/luabind/detail/convert_to_lua.hpp:28:0,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_member.hpp:30,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/policy.hpp: In member function ‘std::string luabind::default_converter<std::basic_string<char> >::from(lua_State*, int)’:
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/policy.hpp:748:71: error: ‘lua_strlen’ was not declared in this scope
return std::string(lua_tostring(L, index), lua_strlen(L, index));
^
In file included from ./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_member.hpp:34:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp: In function ‘typename luabind::adl::enable_binary<bool, LHS, RHS>::type luabind::adl::operator==(const LHS&, const RHS&)’:
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:211:26: error: there are no arguments to ‘lua_equal’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘lua_equal’ must be available [-fpermissive]
return fn(L, -1, -2) != 0; \
^
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:214:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘LUABIND_BINARY_OP_DEF’
LUABIND_BINARY_OP_DEF(==, lua_equal)
^
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:211:26: note: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
^
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:214:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘LUABIND_BINARY_OP_DEF’
LUABIND_BINARY_OP_DEF(==, lua_equal)
^
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp: In function ‘typename luabind::adl::enable_binary<bool, LHS, RHS>::type luabind::adl::operator<(const LHS&, const RHS&)’:
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:211:26: error: there are no arguments to ‘lua_lessthan’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘lua_lessthan’ must be available [-fpermissive]
^
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:215:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘LUABIND_BINARY_OP_DEF’
LUABIND_BINARY_OP_DEF(<, lua_lessthan)
^
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp: In function ‘std::ostream& luabind::adl::operator<<(std::ostream&, const luabind::adl::object_interface<T>&)’:
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:228:39: error: there are no arguments to ‘lua_strlen’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘lua_strlen’ must be available [-fpermissive]
int len = lua_strlen(interpreter, -1);
^
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp: In member function ‘bool luabind::detail::basic_iterator<AccessPolicy>::equal(const luabind::detail::basic_iterator<AccessPolicy>&) const’:
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:526:49: error: there are no arguments to ‘lua_equal’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘lua_equal’ must be available [-fpermissive]
return lua_equal(m_interpreter, -2, -1) != 0;
^
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp: In function ‘luabind::adl::object luabind::globals(lua_State*)’:
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:1210:32: error: ‘LUA_GLOBALSINDEX’ was not declared in this scope
lua_pushvalue(interpreter, LUA_GLOBALSINDEX);
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:47:0,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp:320,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/function.hpp:10,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/class.hpp:94,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*)’:
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp:350:19: error: ‘LUA_GLOBALSINDEX’ was not declared in this scope
lua_gettable(L, LUA_GLOBALSINDEX);
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*)’:
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp:393:19: error: ‘LUA_GLOBALSINDEX’ was not declared in this scope
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:52:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&)’:
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp:350:19: error: ‘LUA_GLOBALSINDEX’ was not declared in this scope
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&)’:
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp:393:19: error: ‘LUA_GLOBALSINDEX’ was not declared in this scope
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:57:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&)’:
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&)’:
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:62:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&)’:
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&)’:
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:67:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&)’:
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&)’:
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:72:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&)’:
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&)’:
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:77:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&, const A5&)’:
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&, const A5&)’:
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:82:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&, const A5&, const A6&)’:
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&, const A5&, const A6&)’:
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:87:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&, const A5&, const A6&, const A7&)’:
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&, const A5&, const A6&, const A7&)’:
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:92:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*, const A8*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*, const A8*> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&, const A5&, const A6&, const A7&, const A8&)’:
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*, const A8*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*, const A8*> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&, const A5&, const A6&, const A7&, const A8&)’:
^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:97:0,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*, const A8*, const A9*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*, const A8*, const A9*> > >::type luabind::call_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&, const A5&, const A6&, const A7&, const A8&, const A9&)’:
^
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_function.hpp: In function ‘typename boost::mpl::if_<boost::is_void<T>, luabind::detail::proxy_function_void_caller<boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*, const A8*, const A9*> >, luabind::detail::proxy_function_caller<Ret, boost::tuples::tuple<const A0*, const A1*, const A2*, const A3*, const A4*, const A5*, const A6*, const A7*, const A8*, const A9*> > >::type luabind::resume_function(lua_State*, const char*, const A0&, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&, const A4&, const A5&, const A6&, const A7&, const A8&, const A9&)’:
^
In file included from ./src/engine/script/script.h:280:0,
./src/engine/script/script_modify.h: In member function ‘void hoa_script::ModifyScriptDescriptor::_ModifyData(const string&, T)’:
./src/engine/script/script_modify.h:220:60: error: ‘LUA_GLOBALSINDEX’ was not declared in this scope
table = new luabind::object(luabind::from_stack(_lstack, LUA_GLOBALSINDEX));
^
./src/engine/script/script_modify.h: In member function ‘void hoa_script::ModifyScriptDescriptor::_AddNewData(const string&, T)’:
./src/engine/script/script_modify.h:298:60: error: ‘LUA_GLOBALSINDEX’ was not declared in this scope
table = new luabind::object(luabind::from_stack(_lstack, LUA_GLOBALSINDEX));
^
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp: In instantiation of ‘bool luabind::detail::basic_iterator<AccessPolicy>::equal(const luabind::detail::basic_iterator<AccessPolicy>&) const [with AccessPolicy = luabind::detail::basic_access]’:
/usr/include/boost/iterator/iterator_facade.hpp:532:29: required from ‘static bool boost::iterator_core_access::equal(const Facade1&, const Facade2&, mpl_::true_) [with Facade1 = luabind::detail::basic_iterator<luabind::detail::basic_access>; Facade2 = luabind::detail::basic_iterator<luabind::detail::basic_access>; mpl_::true_ = mpl_::bool_<true>]’
/usr/include/boost/iterator/iterator_facade.hpp:832:3: required from ‘typename boost::detail::enable_if_interoperable<Derived1, Derived2, typename boost::mpl::apply2<boost::detail::always_bool2, Derived1, Derived2>::type>::type boost::operator==(const boost::iterator_facade<Derived1, V1, TC1, Reference1, Difference1>&, const boost::iterator_facade<Derived2, V2, TC2, Reference2, Difference2>&) [with Derived1 = luabind::detail::basic_iterator<luabind::detail::basic_access>; V1 = luabind::adl::iterator_proxy<luabind::detail::basic_access>; TC1 = boost::single_pass_traversal_tag; Reference1 = luabind::adl::iterator_proxy<luabind::detail::basic_access>; Difference1 = int; Derived2 = luabind::detail::basic_iterator<luabind::detail::basic_access>; V2 = luabind::adl::iterator_proxy<luabind::detail::basic_access>; TC2 = boost::single_pass_traversal_tag; Reference2 = luabind::adl::iterator_proxy<luabind::detail::basic_access>; Difference2 = int; typename boost::detail::enable_if_interoperable<Derived1, Derived2, typename boost::mpl::apply2<boost::detail::always_bool2, Derived1, Derived2>::type>::type = bool]’
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:556:3: required from here
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:526:49: error: ‘lua_equal’ was not declared in this scope
return lua_equal(m_interpreter, -2, -1) != 0;
^
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp: In instantiation of ‘bool luabind::detail::basic_iterator<AccessPolicy>::equal(const luabind::detail::basic_iterator<AccessPolicy>&) const [with AccessPolicy = luabind::detail::raw_access]’:
/usr/include/boost/iterator/iterator_facade.hpp:532:29: required from ‘static bool boost::iterator_core_access::equal(const Facade1&, const Facade2&, mpl_::true_) [with Facade1 = luabind::detail::basic_iterator<luabind::detail::raw_access>; Facade2 = luabind::detail::basic_iterator<luabind::detail::raw_access>; mpl_::true_ = mpl_::bool_<true>]’
/usr/include/boost/iterator/iterator_facade.hpp:832:3: required from ‘typename boost::detail::enable_if_interoperable<Derived1, Derived2, typename boost::mpl::apply2<boost::detail::always_bool2, Derived1, Derived2>::type>::type boost::operator==(const boost::iterator_facade<Derived1, V1, TC1, Reference1, Difference1>&, const boost::iterator_facade<Derived2, V2, TC2, Reference2, Difference2>&) [with Derived1 = luabind::detail::basic_iterator<luabind::detail::raw_access>; V1 = luabind::adl::iterator_proxy<luabind::detail::raw_access>; TC1 = boost::single_pass_traversal_tag; Reference1 = luabind::adl::iterator_proxy<luabind::detail::raw_access>; Difference1 = int; Derived2 = luabind::detail::basic_iterator<luabind::detail::raw_access>; V2 = luabind::adl::iterator_proxy<luabind::detail::raw_access>; TC2 = boost::single_pass_traversal_tag; Reference2 = luabind::adl::iterator_proxy<luabind::detail::raw_access>; Difference2 = int; typename boost::detail::enable_if_interoperable<Derived1, Derived2, typename boost::mpl::apply2<boost::detail::always_bool2, Derived1, Derived2>::type>::type = bool]’
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:556:3: required from here
./src/luabind/luabind/object.hpp:526:49: error: ‘lua_equal’ was not declared in this scope
In file included from ./src/luabind/luabind/detail/convert_to_lua.hpp:28:0,
from ./src/luabind/luabind/detail/call_member.hpp:30,
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/policy.hpp: In member function ‘std::string luabind::default_converter<std::basic_string<char> >::from(lua_State*, int)’:
./src/luabind/luabind/detail/policy.hpp:749:5: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
}
^
make[2]: *** [main.o] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/allacrost-0.1.0'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/allacrost-0.1.0'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

ok, I checked my libs and it seems to be complete, got the same three lua packages as You have, version 5.2.2, only lua has a bit older 1.53 version
still get that "missing binary operator..." error and something with luabind and lua_equal I didn t get a clue of...

maybe You can see something, a wrong version of some package maybe?

cheers
hank
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Thu May 28, 2015 4:04 pm

It's definitely a library issue. All the errors being reported are from missing functions/constants that are defined in the Lua language, not within our code. I think the problem may be that Luabind is still trying to link to lua 5.1, and there are some incompatibilities with Lua 5.1 and Lua 5.2. Try installing the same three Lua packages as before, but use the 5.1 version (both 5.1 and 5.2 should be able to be installed simultaneously on your system...they are on mine). Then completely wipe all your build files (make distclean) and start the build process over from the beginning. I think that might fix the problem.

Also make sure you're following our compilation instructions when building. Essentially the three commands you need to run are:

Code: Select all

autoreconf -i
./configure && make
sudo make install

Sorry for the difficulty with this. Luabind hasn't been updated in a good number of years while the Lua language continues to evolve in non-backwards compatible ways. There's not much we can do about it either, unless we were to start working on the Luabind code itself, which isn't really an option given our limited time to work on just this project. :/ Also note that if you get the source compiled, you're likely going to notice some things are broken in the game right now. It's in an active state of development and a lot of things were broken. I'm in the process of fixing these issues and expanding on the current content in the game.
hank2000

Post by hank2000 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi,

sorry to tell You that the downgrading to lua 5.1 and the 3 steps to compile came with the same result of a "missing binary operator before token..." as before in luabind... :-(
so don t get as far as make install at all.

couldn t try on Mageia right now as the user rights are pretty weird after 1st installation but will further try..,,

thx in the meantime for Your response

hank
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Thu May 28, 2015 11:23 pm

Dang, I really thought that would fix it. I'm running out of ideas now. We're compiling the same Luabind code with the same build files, the same Lua library versions..... :huh: At this point I think the best thing you can do is to try maybe entering some of those error messages in a search engine and see if you can find anyone else who has had the same or similar problem. I'll think about this a little bit more and see if I can figure out what could be wrong. Sorry for the trouble. :(
hank2000

Post by hank2000 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:21 am

Hi there

No problem mate!

I was away from Allacrost for quite a few years, so this became a "side-project" of playing for me again besides another one called "The Mana World" and my all-time-fave "Descent", so I am not in a hurry but it would be nice to have a working 2D RPG on Linux again...
but there s no need for a hurry on this, I just see it as a challenge to solve - so before I end up like :shrug: I ll do a bit more :think: before I do some :bang: in the end and give up... LOL

Hank
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Fri May 29, 2015 7:04 pm

Well I hope we get it working for you. I'm getting near ready to publish a development release (essentially a snapshot of the current state of the game), so it's good for me to know about these issues beforehand. That should be happening within a couple weeks I feel, but I don't think that you'll have any more luck with building the release than you do now.

Have you tried out Valyria Tear? It's a 2D RPG that forked from Allacrost a couple years back and has made some great progress. That team made a pretty full release last September. I recommend giving that a play if you haven't already. However, you might run into the same issues building that project since it's so closely related to Allacrost.
hank2000

Post by hank2000 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:14 pm

hi there

well, I tried Valyria Tear now three times, once as a binary rpm installation, 2nd as compiled from source and properly installed on desktop and a basic installation from source and started from within the source directory.
as the compilation went thru smoothly, I was happy to find a playable alternative but unfort. in all three attempts, the graphics were screwed up, the window popped up with background music but rudimentary parts of graphics and worst was, it has frozen my system completely and altered my xfce desktop and panel, so had to reconfigure everything twice, so stopped with this fork!

Besides "The Mana World" I found another promising rpg project called "Flare" which i will play around a bit with and continue keeping an eye on Allacrost in the hope, the lua-prob will get solved somehow.
But I was surprised, there weren t any lua-compilation problems with Valyria Tear, as I expected them like You did as well... :shrug:

well, til then, lets hope for a change... hehehe

bye

Hank :cool:
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Sun May 31, 2015 8:00 pm

Wow, that's surprising to me that you had such bad issues with VT. I built and installed the release back in September and didn't have any problems at all. That's a shame, because I thought it was a great release despite having a few rough edges. VT uses a different build system than Allacrost (we use autotools, they use Cmake) so maybe that's why it built for you okay. Yes, I've heard of Flare. In fact, we use some artwork that was made for that game in Allacrost. I haven't tried it myself yet, but it seems like a very promising project.

I'll see if I can compare VT's release and build process with ours to figure out why you're having trouble with Lua. Probably won't get around to this for another week or two though, and I might not find anything. It's hard to fix problems that I can't replicate on my own machine. :(
hank2000

Post by hank2000 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi mate

sure enough that s a big problem when You can t replicate things, have gone thru this "nightmare" myself quite a few times! :huh:
well, tog. with Flare I ll try with Allacrost and VT again, when my Mageia system is running and has full development libs, but here on my SuSe working system i ll keep it as stable as it is now. (well, Suse and stable.... errrmmm :|
but thx for Your help. let me know, if You find out s.th. with building, lua and Allacrost...

cheers :approve:

Hank

BTW: tried now on Mageia Linux as well with boost 1.54 but tog. with the "missing binary oprator..." errors I now get add.:
"Makefile:1063: recipe for target ´main.o´ failed, Error 1", "Makefile:2609. recipe for target ´all-recursive´ failed, Error 1" "Makefile:832: recipe for target ´all´ failed , make: Error 2
uff, giving up for the mom...
hank2000

Post by hank2000 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:24 am

Hi

after all attempts failed, the latest development-source version, too I was wondering, if there s a binary version I could check with on this computer, as I found out, it s not only a lua problem here but some graphics issues as well as I found out with other game compilations/attempts... (bloody nvidia, was never a friend of...)
and about that sourceforge subject, went completely past my knowledge with most of it, strange...

bye
hank
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:02 pm

We don't have any Linux binaries built, but if you like I can compile the binary on my machine and send it to you. Would you like me to do that? I only have access to an x86_64 machine so your architecture would need to match. Don't know if it will work or not, but it's worth a shot.
hank2000

Post by hank2000 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi there

well, that could be the problem, as all machines here run on i586/i686 architecture!
but no problem, in a little while I ll have a new desktop PC for experimenting, this one could be set up as x64-machine.
But thx for the offer, I ll get back on that then.

bye
hank
hank2000

Post by hank2000 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi!

Damn, I was so close of gettin happy with a playable version of Allacrost, although I still donnow what happend, that it finally compiled + installed on my system!?
I just updated my wireshark with some minor library updates like nsxxxx something-libraries but nothing concerning lua and used Your sources from 11th june!
it all went thru AND installed but now I get the following, when trying to start Allacrost (same as normal user and as root):
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (18.99 KiB) Viewed 6081 times