LuaBind issue with SVN allacrost on Cygwin

For those having trouble installing/running the game or to report a bug

Moderator: Staff

gaebril

LuaBind issue with SVN allacrost on Cygwin

Postby gaebril » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:39 pm

I am trying to compile allacrost on Cygwin and I run into the same compiler error that was encountered on the Debian build.

The Error:

Code: Select all

/usr/include/luabind/detail/call.hpp: In static member function `static int luabind::detail::returns<void>::call(void (C::*)(A0, A1), WrappedClass*, lua_State*, Policies*) [with C = const hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, WrappedClass = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, Policies = luabind::detail::null_type, A0 = uint16&, A1 = float&]':
/usr/include/luabind/detail/call.hpp:420:   instantiated from `int luabind::detail::call(R (T::*)(A0, A1) const, WrappedClass*, lua_State*, const Policies*) [with T = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, WrappedClass = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, Policies = luabind::detail::null_type, R = void, A0 = uint16&, A1 = float&]'
/usr/include/luabind/class.hpp:210:   instantiated from `int luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<Fn, Class, Policies>::operator()(lua_State*) const [with Fn = void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, Class = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, Policies = luabind::detail::null_type]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:134:   instantiated from `static R boost::detail::function::function_obj_invoker1<FunctionObj, R, T0>::invoke(boost::detail::function::function_buffer&, T0) [with FunctionObj = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:368:   instantiated from `void boost::detail::function::basic_vtable1<R, T0, Allocator>::init(FunctionObj, boost::detail::function::function_obj_tag) [with FunctionObj = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*, Allocator = std::allocator<boost::function_base>]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:298:   instantiated from `void boost::detail::function::basic_vtable1<R, T0, Allocator>::init(F) [with F = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*, Allocator = std::allocator<boost::function_base>]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:277:   instantiated from `boost::detail::function::basic_vtable1<R, T0, Allocator>::basic_vtable1(F) [with F = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*, Allocator = std::allocator<boost::function_base>]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:655:   instantiated from `void boost::function1<R, T0, Allocator>::assign_to(Functor) [with Functor = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*, Allocator = std::allocator<boost::function_base>]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:513:   instantiated from `boost::function1<R, T0, Allocator>::function1(Functor, typename boost::enable_if_c< boost::type_traits::ice_not< boost::is_integral<Functor>::value>::value, int>::type) [with Functor = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*, Allocator = std::allocator<boost::function_base>]'
/usr/include/luabind/class.hpp:1218:   instantiated from `luabind::class_<T, X1, X2, X3>& luabind::class_<T, X1, X2, X3>::virtual_def(const char*, const F&, const Policies&, luabind::detail::null_type, mpl_::true_) [with F = void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, Policies = luabind::detail::null_type, T = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, X1 = luabind::detail::unspecified, X2 = luabind::detail::unspecified, X3 = luabind::detail::unspecified]'
/usr/include/luabind/class.hpp:866:   instantiated from `luabind::class_<T, X1, X2, X3>& luabind::class_<T, X1, X2, X3>::def(const char*, F) [with F = void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, T = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, X1 = luabind::detail::unspecified, X2 = luabind::detail::unspecified, X3 = luabind::detail::unspecified]'
src/defs.cpp:479:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/luabind/detail/call.hpp:278: error: no matching function for call to `luabind::detail::pointer_converter<luabind::detail::lua_to_cpp>::apply(lua_State*&, luabind::detail::by_const_pointer<hoa_map::private_map::MapObject>, int)'
make[1]: *** [defs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/Games/allacrost/allacrost-0.2.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The fix for the Debian build really wont work for me since I have none of the dpkg functionality in cygwin. As a side note I am trying to compile using GCC 3.4.4. I have boost version 1.34.1, lua version 5.0.2, and the luabind 0.7.

Has anybody been able to fix this error outside of Debian? Or do I have to start compiling it in VisStudio?
Roots
Dictator

Re: LuaBind issue with SVN allacrost on Cygwin

Postby Roots » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:09 pm

Are you trying to compile Luabind from source on cygwin, or using a pre-built Luabind library for it? If your answer is the former, I don't think there's much we can do to help you there. You might want to try posting on the Luabind mailing list about your problem. It doesn't look like its a problem with our code, but I've never tried compiling Allacrost or Luabind on Cygwin so I have no idea if that even works. :shrug:
gaebril

Re: LuaBind issue with SVN allacrost on Cygwin

Postby gaebril » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:30 pm

I am compiling luabind and boost from source. I was more or less just playing around with it, and I know for sure it is not a problem in any of the allacrost code. I will just switch to full on windows and use the precompiled libs and compile allacrost in VS. I was just wondering if anybody else had tried to compile on cygwin and had run into the same issue.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Return to “Technical Issues”