room progress

For those having trouble installing/running the game or to report a bug

Moderator: Staff

shirish

room progress

Post by shirish » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi all,
Maybe this is a limitation as of now or not, but each time when I open a save game, the hero starts from the mouth/entrance of the cave rather than where he was in the room. Is this known or something at my end ?
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,
nemesis

Re: room progress

Post by nemesis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Roots stated that saving is completely not tested yet for this release. I didn't test it yet but I guess it is another issue for saving.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:21 pm

This is expected behavior. Because we do not have save points, we don't save your position. Saving and then re-loading simply returns you to the beginning of the map that you were on, but you should have all of your XP/inventory restored as well as any events that were triggered are still triggered.
shirish

Post by shirish » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:56 pm

has there been any discussion to how eventually it would play out ?

From whatever little RPG playing experience I have had, two-three competing ideas are there :-

a. Have a map showing where you are.

b. Have a map but unlit, only what has been explored, that is shown/known - used in also lot of strategy/fps games as well.

c. Let each room have a number, so each cave in the cave system for instance.

d. A combination of b. and c. where as the rooms are explored, the map also begins to form of the overall cave system.

Of the above, c. has been used and it does frustrate the user/gamer until and unless he does not make a map in a notebook or somewhere. If there are multiple rooms in a large map/region it can become pretty frustrating.

d. is favored more by casual sort of gamers where you don't have to think much. Come and kill time for couple of hours and go back to real life. The sense of control is much in this.

As a casual gamer, I prefer d. as I always have atleast an idea as to where I need to explore rather than look at a notebook which gets in the way of gaming.

Just my 2 paise.
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,