Wesnoth in Games for Windows magazine

Got something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? It goes here

Moderator: Staff

EmreBFG
Team Manager

Wesnoth in Games for Windows magazine

Postby EmreBFG » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:34 pm

I just got my (free) February edition of Games for Windows magazine (formerly Computer Gaming World magazine) and Wesnoth has a short blurb in their "101 Free Games" feature. Under the "Armchair Strategy" section, the blurb is: "If you dig the anime-heavy Game Boy Advance game Fire Emblem, here's a deeper, prettier, PC-friendlier game that has a lot of the same flavor." I just thought it was cool to be featured in a magazine, even if it's among 100 others :)

I hope that Allacrost gets a chance to be featured like this as well.

On another note, I recommend you guys check out the Feb. edition and check out some of these games -- I haven't heard of most of them but there are a ton I'd like to try. I'll post links to some of them that I like.
Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:58 am

:D Wow.. "prettier than Fire Emblem?"

Shucks... [img:15:15]http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img]
Rain
Musician

Postby Rain » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:37 am

Jetryl wrote::D Wow.. "prettier than Fire Emblem?"

Shucks... [img:15:15]http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img]
I was going to toot your horn but it appears you already saved me the trouble...oh well, let me put it like this: You are da man! Congratulations! :)
'When Zeon lost his powers, he fell to Earth, and created a giant crator where he hit. His moan destroyed the mountains and the crater was buried by the debris.'

(of Zeon)

Maeglin Dubh

Postby Maeglin Dubh » Mon May 14, 2007 6:37 am

Jetryl and Redeth have done some amazing stuff with the most recently available version.
Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Mon May 14, 2007 6:44 am

Maeglin Dubh wrote:Jetryl and Redeth have done some amazing stuff with the most recently available version.

Eleazar, Pekka, and the rest of the gang really deserve some love too - the special mention of Redeth refers to an entire class of animations that were not-yet-functional in 1.2.x.

These are idle animations of "units goofing around when they're not the active unit", and they finally saw the light in the 1.3.x series. And -damn- do they liven up the previously completely-static wesnoth screen.

Return to “General Chat”