Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

AUGH!!!

Got something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? It goes here

Moderator: Staff

turin

AUGH!!!

Post by turin » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:46 pm

My eyes!

It seems there's a new theme in town (that or for some reason my browser wasn't recognizing it until today - it's been known to happen :P ). I like some aspects of it, but what I really DON'T like is the fact that the "Form Index -> General Chat" text, right below the "Hero of Allacrost" logo, is black. On a dark red background. It's basically impossible to read.

The white text on dark red background for "FAQ", "Search", "Memberlist", etc, isn't much better.
I am Turin Turambar, Master of Doom, by Doom Mastered.
Also a general meddler at the Wesnoth forums.
Gallivan
Team Manager

Post by Gallivan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Some of the text is still being worked on, but I completely agree with you. :)

I'll try and change it to a light beige ASAP.

(If it becomes too much during this time, you can always set your Profile to a different theme. Just click the Profile link and there is a drop down list to choose from.)
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:27 pm

Yeah man, its a WIP so sit tight. :)

But on that note, I *really* dislike the fact that now I can't look at an icon to tell if a forum has new topics in it or not. Its driving me crazy :bang:
Gallivan
Team Manager

Post by Gallivan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:54 pm

Any new posts should pop a HoA block next to the forum for now while I make the opaque and translucent images. (Excluding the News section, because it is a locked forum anyways.)
Loodwig
Musician

Post by Loodwig » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:20 pm

I know the theme is the default, but can we still allow users to select subsilver?
"We want a simpler and more melodic style for music, a simple, less complicated emotional state, and dissonance again relegated to its proper place as one element of music..."
~Sergei Prokofiev
Gallivan
Team Manager

Post by Gallivan » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:05 pm

Just waiting for word from Roots on this, other than that I think it's just flipping a switch.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:19 pm

Sure, I don't see why we wouldn't allow users to change the theme.
Gallivan
Team Manager

Post by Gallivan » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:17 pm

Switch flipped. ;)

(For some reason, the names were backwards. Currently there are Allacrost, and Athena. SubSilver has been taken down for a second as there is a problem with its current file. I'll upload when I figure that out. :D )