Where should new contributors to start?

Got something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? It goes here

Moderator: Staff

eguitarz
Contributor

Where should new contributors to start?

Post by eguitarz » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Hello, I'm new contributor here, and I have some questions to ask:
1. I've been told to handle the map editor( leader gave me the bug list about map editor ), but i don't know where to start? ( I've installed QT and IDE on my computer, and have read the coding standards on the website. ) btw, I've applied a ftp account, but didn't get response yet.
2. Being a new contributor, I got tons of questions to ask, is there any experienced contributor or staff could aid me? (By email or msn)

my mail: dalema22@gmail.com
msn: electricguitarz@hotmail.com

sry for bothering :hack:
Field: Editor
Quest: Supports sprites feature
gorzuate
Developer

Re: Where should new contributors to start?

Post by gorzuate » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:38 pm

eguitarz wrote:Hello, I'm new contributor here, and I have some questions to ask:
1. I've been told to handle the map editor( leader gave me the bug list about map editor ), but i don't know where to start? ( I've installed QT and IDE on my computer, and have read the coding standards on the website. ) btw, I've applied a ftp account, but didn't get response yet.
2. Being a new contributor, I got tons of questions to ask, is there any experienced contributor or staff could aid me? (By email or msn)

my mail: dalema22@gmail.com
msn: electricguitarz@hotmail.com

sry for bothering :hack:

Hey, welcome to the team! :)

I'm the lead developer for the editor, so go ahead and ask me any questions you have. Whether it's in the Dev-Code and Programming forum, or email, or PM, or IM, or IRC, you can catch me in many places ;) It's good that you've got Qt already installed. I assume you're on Windows?

See if you can get the editor to compile and run (if you haven't already). I'll see about getting you an ftp account soon. There's plenty left to do in the editor :D You could either choose an unassigned feature in the bug tracker for the editor and ask me any questions about it, or I could come up with something else for you to do.
Mag

Re: Where should new contributors to start?

Post by Mag » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:50 pm

On a slightly different note, I'd like to apologize for disappearing over the past four days. I had to go out of town on surprise family business and didn't want you guys to think me lost. I'm going to be looking through video engine code all this week and hopefully will have questions and ideas for roots.

-Manbeast/Mag/Adam