Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

Hey there!

Got something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? It goes here

Moderator: Staff

CoderRyne

Hey there!

Post by CoderRyne » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:57 am

Hello!

My name is Ryne (AKA CoderRyne). As you can tell from my username, I love programming. My favorite programming language is C++, so just by searching google to C++ games that I could play to get ideas for my own game, I immediately came across Allacrost. When I downloaded the game, I was just amazed how well-made it was. With 1.5 years now of experience in programming, and practicing and developing each day, you would think I would know if a game is good or not.

Now, I have seen some games that are simply saddening. I usually don't register for games or websites that I don't think will be good, but I just *had* to register for Allacrost. I must say, I am indeed, very impressed.

I not only know C++, but I also know quite a few web languages. My second favorite language is PHP. I have been developing websites since the start. A little over a year ago, I started learning C++;I am taking a class in school, and also learning from online resources.

Outside of C++ and PHP, I am very good at HTML (if you didn't know, its not a programming language, but a markup language. It goes great with MySQL (Database!)), MySQL, XHTML, and Java. I am currently more about LUA, CSS, Javascript, Ajax, Flash, and C#.

I hope that I will be able to assist the team here at Allacrost with programming the game and website. I am very exited to see where this is going! :)

Thanks everyone, and have a wonderful day.

-CoderRyne
MyBuzz

Re: Hey there!

Post by MyBuzz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Yeah, you're brilliant at C++. Good at PHP too. Totally deserving.
prophile

Re: Hey there!

Post by prophile » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Pleased to see your enthusiasm! Could we see some of your previous work?
Alastair Lynn / Resident Whinger / Allacrost