Project Setup 7/01/2016

For discussion of the code running behind the game

Moderator: Staff

Atypikal_Arkitect

Project Setup 7/01/2016

Post by Atypikal_Arkitect » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Hey am trying to setup the project. Have followed the instructions and copy pasted the dependancy folder, now have installed the latest code blocks and mingw bundle. Have encountered an issue related to a function in the utils.cpp file:

'NumberToString' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]|

This maybe an issue with how the compiler is building as from some documentation found at this link:

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.7/porting_to.html

The c++ compiler has changed in the way it does name lookups. So I'm going to try find an old version of codeblocks/mingw and see if that fixes the issue.
Roots
Dictator

Re: Project Setup 7/01/2016

Post by Roots » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:58 pm

You are building on Windows I'm assuming. This is the first time I've heard of this issue, and on my Linux system at home everything compiles fine. I'm not at home right now though so I dont know what version of gcc I'm compiling with. NumberToString is one of our oldest utility functions and hasn't been touched in forever, so a compiler issue seems like a plausible explanation here.

Also I added a couple new files this week: src/engine/notification.*. The windows build still needs to be updated with these new files, as I only updated the Linux one.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:16 am

Okay, I checked and my compiler version is: g++ (Debian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2. Not sure what you're using in mingw, but obviously this demonstrates that the game should compile with a gcc version > 4.7.
Atypikal_Arkitect

Post by Atypikal_Arkitect » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:09 am

I'm using the MinGW that comes bundled with Codeblocks from SourceForge as of 7/01/2016. From the CodeBlocks website it is:

NOTE: The codeblocks-16.01mingw-setup.exe file includes additionally the GCC/G++ compiler and GDB debugger from TDM-GCC (version 4.9.2, 32 bit, SJLJ).

Let me look at this issue some more today.