Documentation Updates

For discussion of the code running behind the game

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Documentation Updates

Postby Roots » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:54 am

Whenever we make major updates to the code documentation available on the wiki, post in here to let others know that it's available.

-----

Today I wrote documentation about the notification engine that I implemented this past week. It's a simple engine component, but still nice to explain clearly how to use it effectively. At the bottom of the page I included a few examples of using the notification system to achieve specific features in the game. If you have any good example ideas of your own, please add to this list! :think:
Roots
Dictator

Re: Documentation Updates

Postby Roots » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:46 am

I just wanted to note that I am making a ton of changes and additions to the map code lately. I do plan to update the map mode documentation on the wiki when the dust settles. That documentation is very stale and in dire need of changes anyway.

On a related note, I've been thinking about the next video I produce on our youtube channel. What I want to do is to cover a single map (probably the capital attack map, once it is finished) and explain at a high level how map mode works and how map scripts work. I think this will be very useful going forward to help other people do this kind of work, as well as serve as great educational material. :approve:

Return to “Programming”