Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

Documentation Updates

For discussion of the code running behind the game

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Documentation Updates

Post by Roots » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:54 pm

Whenever we make major updates to the code documentation available on the wiki, post in here to let others know that it's available.

-----

Today I wrote documentation about the notification engine that I implemented this past week. It's a simple engine component, but still nice to explain clearly how to use it effectively. At the bottom of the page I included a few examples of using the notification system to achieve specific features in the game. If you have any good example ideas of your own, please add to this list! :think:
Roots
Dictator

Re: Documentation Updates

Post by Roots » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:46 pm

I just wanted to note that I am making a ton of changes and additions to the map code lately. I do plan to update the map mode documentation on the wiki when the dust settles. That documentation is very stale and in dire need of changes anyway.

On a related note, I've been thinking about the next video I produce on our youtube channel. What I want to do is to cover a single map (probably the capital attack map, once it is finished) and explain at a high level how map mode works and how map scripts work. I think this will be very useful going forward to help other people do this kind of work, as well as serve as great educational material. :approve: