Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

Subversion Commit Log

For discussion of the code running behind the game

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Re: Subversion Commit Log

Post by Roots » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:19 am

Committed revision #2039.
============================================================
Files Modified
M src/engine/video/particle_system.cpp
M src/engine/video/image.cpp
M src/engine/video/video.cpp
M src/engine/video/image.h
M src/engine/video/video.h
M src/modes/battle/battle_actors.cpp
M src/modes/map/map_sprites.cpp
M src/editor/sprites.cpp
M src/common/global/global_actors.cpp
M src/common/gui/option.cpp

Primary Changes
- Code import from VT: video engine doesn't handle animated images in the retarded way that it used to. You used to have to define animations in terms of 10s of milliseconds per frame and the video engine processed these animations in a weird way. Now they operate on millisecond timers like every other timing logic in the code.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:37 am

Committed revision #2040.
Files Modified
M src/modes/menu/menu_views.cpp
M src/modes/battle/battle_actors.cpp
M src/modes/save/save_mode.cpp

Primary Changes
- Various areas of the code are now more fault tolerant about missing image files
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:36 am

Here's the first commit after the SVN repository was moved. Everything looks to be working okay.

Committed revision #2041.
Files Modified
M src/engine/video/texture.cpp
M src/engine/video/image_base.cpp
M src/engine/video/texture_controller.cpp
M dat/maps/opening_scene.lua

Primary Changes
- Various minor improvements and cleanup to video engine code from VT code import
- Texture smoothing is now a configurable option in the engine. It is enabled by default (and I think the game looks much better when the option is disabled)
- Fixed a bug in texture smoothing that would cause white outlines to appear around sprites, tiles, and other objects
- Included a way to easily set and use the standard resolution/coordinate system
- Minor progress toward libpng1.5 support

Miscellaneous Notes
The white outline bug was something that we have seen and tried to fix before, with no success. Here is a blog post Bertram made about the bug, which shows what it looked like: http://valyriatear.blogspot.com/2012/06 ... urray.html

And here is the code that fixed it:

Code: Select all

else if (bpp == 4) {
		for (uint32 y = 0; y < info_ptr->height; y++) {
			for (uint32 x = 0; x < info_ptr->width; x++) {
				img_pixel = row_pointers[y] + (x * bpp);
				dst_pixel = ((uint8*)pixels) + ((y * info_ptr->width) + x) * 4;
				// When a pixel is fully transparent and the texture smoothing option is enabled in the video engine,
				// this causes OpenGL to use GL_LINEAR, which performs a linear average between pixels. Unfortunately,
				// this results in a white outline to be seen when moving between transparent and non-transparent pixels
				// in an image. To eliminate this unwanted artifact, we set the RGB values for all transparent pixels to
				// 0 (black).
				if (img_pixel[3] == 0) {
					dst_pixel[0] = 0;
					dst_pixel[1] = 0;
					dst_pixel[2] = 0;
					dst_pixel[3] = img_pixel[3];
				}
				else {
					dst_pixel[0] = img_pixel[0];
					dst_pixel[1] = img_pixel[1];
					dst_pixel[2] = img_pixel[2];
					dst_pixel[3] = img_pixel[3];
				}
			}
		}
	}
nemesis

Post by nemesis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I don't want to go through the other forums. Did the location of the repository change? If yes, how can I get access?
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:20 pm

nemesis wrote:I don't want to go through the other forums. Did the location of the repository change? If yes, how can I get access?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/allacrost/

Yes, it did. I updated the sourceforge project a few days ago (per a request from SF) and they migrated the repository to a new location. I don't know if there's an easy way to update your svn to point to the new location or not. SF recommended doing a clean checkout to work from, so I moved my old svn tree to another place on my system (to eventually become deleted) and ran the following command to get the new checkout:

svn checkout --username=rootslinux svn+ssh://rootslinux@svn.code.sf.net/p/allacrost/code/trunk/game allacrost
Obviously you should use whatever your sf.net username is and not "rootslinux". I'll eventually get around to updating the wiki with the new information about how to access the repository. Let me know if you have any trouble getting to the new repository.
nemesis

Post by nemesis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Works, thank you. :bow:
rujasu
Developer

Post by rujasu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 am

Committed revision #2042.
Files Modified
M m4/qt.m4

Comments
Yep, it's one of my old two-line specials!

Background here!

Basically, Linux distros are all moving to multiarch so we have to reference the directories for the architecture. What I did was add the right paths for a Debian x86 or amd64 system to the search list, so ./configure will find the libraries. The good news is that it works, and it probably works on Ubuntu.

The bad news is that we probably need to clean this up a bit more. As I wrote it, this will not work on any architectures other than x86/amd64, and might even break on some hypothetical system with both the 32 and 64 bit version of Qt installed. But I won't be figuring that out tonight.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 am

This is the final code import for the video engine from Valyria Tear. At least that for now. I skipped over some things like changes to the particle engine.

Committed revision #2043.
Files Modified
M src/engine/video/text.h
M src/engine/video/text.cpp
M src/engine/video/image.h
M src/engine/video/texture_controller.cpp
M src/engine/video/particle_effect.cpp

Primary Changes
- Improved performance of font glyph caching
- Added support for manual control of AnimatedImage update speed. You can now call Update(time) to update the animation by any amount of time. Old Update() still works the same and uses the system manager's update time
- Added ability to adjust image width and height while keeping the w/h ratio constant. This is only for StillImage and AnimatedImage, and you call SetWidthKeepRatio(width) or SetHeightKeepRatio(height)
- Allegedly fixed a difficult draw bug with tiles. I'm not sure if this is the infamous "sudden black line" bug that was sometime seen in between rows of tiles or not. Info on this bug is here:
https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTea ... b786b1a467
(Note: all I did was remove the +1 offsets in the SetViewport() method. I didn't remove the function completely, nor did I change the pixel size in the glTranslatef() call because the comment suggested that his math was incorrect (16/12 tiles on map, not 32/24) and I didn't see any difference no matter what small number I plugged in there.
Bertram

Post by Bertram » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:58 am

Hi there,
Roots wrote:(Note: all I did was remove the +1 offsets in the SetViewport() method. I didn't remove the function completely, nor did I change the pixel size in the glTranslatef() call because the comment suggested that his math was incorrect (16/12 tiles on map, not 32/24) and I didn't see any difference no matter what small number I plugged in there.
May I react to this?
As for the glTranslate() call "fix", I used the values present in my patch because I saw a veeerrry slight difference on linux with ATI drivers (but not on windows using both ATI and intel drivers) with those values and their doubles. Did I mention very slight?
I'm personally and sincerely not convinced about the relevancy of this call at all for modern (post 2010) gl drivers, in fact. And certain GLists around even wonder why I would use a Translate call to make sure I'm drawing in the middle of a pixel. I fear they're right, but I've not yet enough practice nor the will to dig more on this for now.

Another general reaction:
Anybody can dislike the way I do this or that. That's quite normal to have a different point of view, or taste about this. Yet, if anybody here see something I do plainly wrong for any proper reason (we're all human), I'd appreciate your feedback on the forums or in the issue tracker. Thanks in advance. :)
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:02 am

I figured that was the reason why you added that feature. I don't think it's bad that you added that, it would just be a lot of work to import that right now and it's not worth the time it would take me to do it at the moment. That's why I made a mention of it here, so that we can come back to it later and consider adding in the feature. So I don't think there's anything wrong with what you've done (quite the opposite, in fact). I just don't think it's worth the time to import such a large change. Plus all this import work is pretty tiring to do by myself so I'm trying to take shortcuts when I am able to. :angel:
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:06 am

Committed revision #2044.
Files Modified
M src/engine/script/script_read.cpp
M src/engine/script/script.cpp
M src/engine/script/script_read.h
M src/engine/script/script.h

Primary Changes
- Code import of VT script engine changes
- Added a method to make it easy to open tablespaces in ReadScriptDescriptor
- Added a few functions to simplify Lua function execution for functions with no return value

Miscellaneous Notes
- I left a couple todo notes about the Lua execution function code. I think we could enable these functions to work for any return value by making them into templates. Could be really useful to have for the future, but I don't have time to write/test that code myself right now. I do really like the concept and anything that makes it more simple to call Lua functions than we do currently is welcome IMO.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Committed revision #2045.
Files Modified
M src/utils.h
M src/engine/system.cpp
M src/engine/system.h
M src/utils.cpp

Primary Changes
Removed some unneeded dependence of the system engine on other engine components. Somehow this broke the system code as those other headers being included included other std library files that system needed, so I had to add those libraries into the utils header.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:51 pm

This is the last of the code import work for all the engines. Moving on to the common code next, to be followed by the game mode code.

Committed revision #2046.
Files Modified
M src/engine/mode_manager.cpp
M src/engine/engine_bindings.cpp
M src/engine/mode_manager.h
M src/engine/system.h
M src/engine/input.cpp
M src/engine/input.h

Primary Changes
Bertram removed the video engine's "Advanced Display" debug (turned on via Ctrl+A) and instead used that command to display some pretty awesome debugging information in map mode. I love this idea, but made it a little less specific to just map mode. I added a new command, Ctrl+G, to toggle "Graphical" debugging in game modes. In other words, each game mode can draw it's own debugging information on the screen when it sees this option enabled. This can be the tile/collision grid for map mode, GUI outlines in menu mode, etc. It's a pretty nifty idea and should make it easier for us to find and fix issues in game modes.

Obviously this commit only adds support for the Ctrl+G command. Each game mode will have to implement their own graphical debugging code separately. Eventually I will get around to implementing Bertram's debugging code for map mode. You can determine whether you should draw graphical debugging information via the mode engine:

if (ModeManager->DEBUG_IsGraphicsEnabled() == true)
We should add this information to the code documentation on the wiki (and update the entire code documentation in general). But I'm pressed for time right now on other work on the wiki and importing the rest of these changes.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Committed revision #2048.
Files Modified
M src/common/dialogue.cpp
M src/modes/battle/battle.cpp
M src/modes/boot/boot.cpp

Primary Changes
I changed the default coordinate system in the game so that the top left corner is [0, 0] (previously it was set to the bottom left corner). This change highlighted a bug somewhere that is setting the coordinate system to something else and not setting it back, so boot and battle mode, which use non-standard coordinate systems, were being drawn incorrectly. I took a look around but couldn't find the bug after 5 minutes of searching, so I just added a simple workaround to boot/battle mode (calling SetCoordSys at the beginning of the Draw() method) along with a TODO note about the issue for someone to come and figure out later.
rujasu
Developer

Post by rujasu » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Committed revision #2050.
Files Modified
M src/luabind/luabind/detail/format_signature.hpp

Changes
Applied a patch that allows luabind to compile on clang. Allacrost is now fully able to build on clang.

If you have clang fully installed on Linux, you can make distclean and run:

autoreconf -i
./configure CC=clang 'CPP=clang -E' CXX=clang LD=clang
make
...to build Allacrost with clang. This doesn't do anything particularly useful, but if you like using clang as your compiler rather than GCC, you have that option. It has somewhat nicer warning/error output, FWIW.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Committed revision #2051.
Files Added
A dat/objects/key_items.lua
A dat/animations
A dat/animations/creatures
A dat/animations/characters
A dat/animations/enemies

Files Modified
M src/modes/save/save_mode.h
M src/common/global/global_objects.cpp
M src/common/global/global_skills.cpp
M src/common/global/global_skills.h
M src/common/global/global.cpp
M src/common/global/global.h

Primary Changes
- Added support for key items (no items defined yet, but they should work)
- Added placeholder directories for animation scripts to be placed in
- When you save a game, it now saves the x/y position of the character (useful for save points)
- When you load a game, the x/y position is retrieved and the character can be placed appropriately
- The global manager retains the last save game slot that was accessed (when either loading or saving a game). Allows save mode to have a memory of which slot you last used

Miscellaneous Notes
This completes the first half of the global code import from VT. I've been trying to import these changes one section at a time, but the global code has been the most difficult as many of these changes were made in support of larger changes within certain game modes. I've skipped over a lot of the global code changes because I don't want to get involved in the game modes too heavily right now, so I'm sticking only to changes which are largely interior to the global code. The other necessary changes I will make as soon as I am working in the relevant game mode.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Committed revision #2052.
Files Modified
M src/defs.h
M src/modes/battle/battle_finish.cpp
M src/modes/battle/battle_finish.h
M src/common/common_bindings.cpp
M src/common/global/global_actors.h
M dat/actors/characters.lua

Primary Changes
- When switching the game language, the global persistent scripts will be reloaded to retrieve the correct text
- Changed the way that character stats are incremented upon gaining a level. Likewise changed the Lua functions that process the stat growth and add new skills
- Removed the GlobalCharacterGrowth class, which was an oddly-designed extension (of my own doing) for the GlobalCharacter class. It made for some awkward code as the growth objects needed to be retrieved by other code and it was just messy. Now the GlobalCharacter class holds all of its own members and methods for growth.
- The way that character growth is processed and reported has been greatly improved

Miscellaneous Notes
I suspect that there may be some bugs that will need to be fixed related to growth, but we'll handle those when we come to them. Note that the changes to the growth code are of my own design that I added to Valyria Tear about a month ago and they worked wonderfully there. Even importing my own code back to Allacrost is tedious and time consuming. I spent the better part of the afternoon to make this commit happen. :|

This concludes the last update to the global code that I plan to do for now. I skipped over a lot of other commits that dealt with things like animation handling and scripting of various other components. I'll add those in as I find I need to as I now head off to work on the game mode code.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:29 am

Committed revision #2053.
Files Modified
D img/menus/locations
D img/menus/locations/desert_cave.png
D img/menus/locations/desert.png
D img/menus/locations/blank.png
D img/menus/locations/mountain_village.png
D img/portraits/battle
D img/portraits/battle/claudius_damage.png
D img/portraits/battle/rafaela_damage.png
D img/portraits/battle/laila_damage.png
D img/portraits/battle/kyle_damage.png
D img/portraits/battle/knight_damage.png
A img/portraits/locations
A + img/portraits/locations/desert_cave.png
A + img/portraits/locations/desert.png
A + img/portraits/locations/blank.png
A + img/portraits/locations/mountain_village.png
D img/portraits/map
D img/portraits/map/vanica.png
D img/portraits/map/laila.png
D img/portraits/map/kyle.png
D img/portraits/map/knight.png
D img/portraits/map/claudius.png
D img/portraits/map/marcus.png
D img/portraits/map/rafaela.png
A img/portraits/face
A + img/portraits/face/knight_small.png
A + img/portraits/face/marcus_small.png
A + img/portraits/face/laila.png
A + img/portraits/face/rafaela_small.png
A + img/portraits/face/knight.png
A + img/portraits/face/vanica_small.png
A + img/portraits/face/marcus.png
A + img/portraits/face/rafaela.png
A + img/portraits/face/kyle_small.png
A + img/portraits/face/claudius_small.png
A + img/portraits/face/vanica.png
A + img/portraits/face/kyle.png
A + img/portraits/face/claudius.png
A + img/portraits/face/laila_small.png
A img/portraits/damage
A + img/portraits/damage/claudius.png
A + img/portraits/damage/rafaela.png
A + img/portraits/damage/laila.png
A + img/portraits/damage/kyle.png
A + img/portraits/damage/knight.png
A img/portraits/full
A + img/portraits/full/kyle.png
A + img/portraits/full/rafaela_large.png
A + img/portraits/full/claudius.png
A + img/portraits/full/kyle_large.png
A + img/portraits/full/laila.png
A + img/portraits/full/claudius_large.png
A + img/portraits/full/knight.png
A + img/portraits/full/rafaela.png
A + img/portraits/full/laila_large.png
A + img/portraits/full/knight_large.png
D img/portraits/menu
D img/portraits/menu/vanica_small.png
D img/portraits/menu/rafaela.png
D img/portraits/menu/kyle_small.png
D img/portraits/menu/laila_large.png
D img/portraits/menu/knight_large.png
D img/portraits/menu/claudius_small.png
D img/portraits/menu/kyle.png
D img/portraits/menu/rafaela_large.png
D img/portraits/menu/claudius.png
D img/portraits/menu/laila_small.png
D img/portraits/menu/knight_small.png
D img/portraits/menu/kyle_large.png
D img/portraits/menu/laila.png
D img/portraits/menu/marcus_small.png
D img/portraits/menu/claudius_large.png
D img/portraits/menu/rafaela_small.png
D img/portraits/menu/knight.png
D img/sprites/map
D img/sprites/map/slime_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/claudius_idle_s.png
D img/sprites/map/rafaela_idle.png
D img/sprites/map/kyle_attack.png
D img/sprites/map/man_npc02_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/claudius_run.png
D img/sprites/map/claudius_attack.png
D img/sprites/map/laila_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/kyle_idle.png
D img/sprites/map/woman_npc02_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/knight_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/claudius_idle.png
D img/sprites/map/laila_run.png
D img/sprites/map/knight_run.png
D img/sprites/map/claudius_frightened.png
D img/sprites/map/marcus_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/rafaela_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/scorpion_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/girl_npc02_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/soldier_npc02_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/rocks.png
D img/sprites/map/kyle_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/claudius_herostance.png
D img/sprites/map/claudius_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/kyle_run.png
D img/sprites/map/man_npc01_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/old_woman_npc01_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/woman_npc01_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/gigas_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/boy_npc01_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/laila_attack.png
D img/sprites/map/knight_attack.png
D img/sprites/map/vanica_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/rafaela_run.png
D img/sprites/map/snake_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/laila_idle.png
D img/sprites/map/soldier_npc01_walk.png
D img/sprites/map/kyle_attack_w.png
D img/sprites/map/knight_idle.png
D img/sprites/map/rafaela_attack.png
D img/sprites/map/naga_walk.png
A img/sprites/creatures
A img/sprites/characters
A + img/sprites/characters/claudius_idle.png
A + img/sprites/characters/laila_run.png
A + img/sprites/characters/boy_npc01_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/marcus_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/laila_attack.png
A + img/sprites/characters/kyle_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/claudius_herostance.png
A + img/sprites/characters/claudius_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/woman_npc02_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/knight_attack.png
A + img/sprites/characters/vanica_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/man_npc01_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/kyle_attack.png
A + img/sprites/characters/old_woman_npc01_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/claudius_frightened.png
A + img/sprites/characters/girl_npc02_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/laila_idle.png
A + img/sprites/characters/soldier_npc01_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/rafaela_attack.png
A + img/sprites/characters/rafaela_idle.png
A + img/sprites/characters/man_npc02_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/claudius_run.png
A + img/sprites/characters/laila_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/knight_run.png
A + img/sprites/characters/rafaela_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/rafaela_run.png
A + img/sprites/characters/knight_idle.png
A + img/sprites/characters/soldier_npc02_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/kyle_attack_w.png
A + img/sprites/characters/claudius_idle_s.png
A + img/sprites/characters/kyle_run.png
A + img/sprites/characters/woman_npc01_walk.png
A + img/sprites/characters/claudius_attack.png
A + img/sprites/characters/kyle_idle.png
A + img/sprites/characters/knight_walk.png
A img/sprites/enemies
A + img/sprites/enemies/snake.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/aerocephal.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/scorpion_goliath.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/deceleon.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/stygian_lizard.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/demonic_essence.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/naga_walk.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/arcana_drake.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/scorpion.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/daemarbora.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/kyle.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/bat.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/gigas_walk.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/scorpion_walk.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/dune_crawler.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/snake_walk.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/nagaruda.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/skeleton.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/rat.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/spider.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/aurum-drakueli.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/slime_walk.png
A + img/sprites/enemies/green_slime.png
A img/sprites/objects
A + img/sprites/objects/rocks.png
D img/sprites/battle
D img/sprites/battle/enemies
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/spider.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/rat.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/aurum-drakueli.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/green_slime.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/arcana_drake.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/scorpion.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/daemarbora.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/snake.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/aerocephal.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/scorpion_goliath.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/kyle.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/bat.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/dune_crawler.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/deceleon.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/nagaruda.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/stygian_lizard.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/demonic_essence.png
D img/sprites/battle/enemies/skeleton.png
M src/modes/menu/menu_views.cpp
M src/modes/battle/battle_finish.cpp
M src/modes/map/map.cpp
M dat/actors/map_sprites_stock.lua
M dat/battles/first_battle.lua
M dat/maps/demo_cave.lua
M dat/maps/new_cave.lua
M dat/maps/betrayal_room.lua
M dat/maps/desert_outskirts.lua
M dat/maps/desert_training.lua

Primary Changes
I reorganized all of our sprite and portrait image files so that they match the location descriptions found on this page: http://www.allacrost.org/wiki/index.php ... Categories

For sprites, we now have the following sub directories in img/sprites: character, enemies, objects, creatures. Characters are for both playable characters and NPCs. Enemies hold both the sprites that are used in battle and the smaller sprites that walk around on maps. Objects are for map objects and any other "miscellaneous" map art like treasure chests. And creatures are for any animals or insects that we have roam around on maps.

For portraits, the following sub directories are now in img/portraits: face, damage, full, location. Face portraits are those that we normally see in dialogues and menus. Damage portraits are the character face portraits that are used in battle mode to show progressive damage. Full portraits are the full body portraits. And location portraits are those location graphics that we sometimes display when we enter the top of a map.

Miscellaneous Notes
There is some additional work that I'm planning to do related to this. I still need to move some art out of misc/ to the new location for map objects. And I want to remove all of the small face portrait images, because they are completely unnecessary (you can just load the standard face portrait and size it down to 100x100 or whatever you need within the code). I'm also curious why we have two different sizes of full body portraits. It seems we only use the large ones (which are the original sizes that were created). So I may remove the smaller sized ones as well if there's no use for them (again, we can dynamically resize portraits however we wish).
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:08 pm

This commit encompasses all of the imports to boot mode.

Committed revision #2055.
Files Modified
M src/common/common_bindings.cpp
M dat/global.lua

Primary Changes
The build date is now displayed in boot mode along with the "Development Release" text. I liked this idea because it is simple and will help us to discern between future development releases that we do. It won't be used for official releases.

A good chunk of the code for starting a new game was moved to the global.lua script. It is otherwise identical.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:56 am

Committed revision #2056 and #2057.
Files Modified
M src/common/global/global_actors.h
M src/modes/pause.cpp

Primary Changes
Fixed a bug with save/load game code and reorganized save data a little bit. Any existing save game data you have will no longer work, so you need to start a new game and overwrite those old save files (or just delete them).