Postby Roots » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Committed revision #2058.
============================================================
Files Modified
M src/modes/menu/menu_views.cpp
M src/modes/battle/battle_finish.cpp
M src/modes/battle/battle.cpp

Primary Changes
Fixed the XP for next level text displaying incorrect (often negative) values in battle and menu mode.

* Note: it appears that Sourceforge is down right now so I will have to commit this later. But I'm posting here anyway because I already wrote this up. :p
Roots
Dictator

Re: Subversion Commit Log

Postby Roots » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Committed revision #2061.
Files Modified
M img/icons/effects/elemental.png
M src/common/global/global_effects.cpp
M src/common/global/global_effects.h
M src/common/global/global_objects.cpp
M src/common/global/global_actors.cpp
M src/common/global/global_objects.h
M src/common/global/global_actors.h
M src/common/global/global_utils.h
M src/common/common_bindings.cpp
M src/modes/mode_bindings.cpp
M src/modes/menu/menu.cpp
M src/modes/shop/shop.cpp
M src/modes/shop/shop.h
M src/modes/battle/battle_actors.cpp
M src/modes/battle/battle_utils.h
M src/modes/battle/battle_actors.h
M src/modes/battle/battle_utils.cpp
M dat/objects/torso_armor.lua
M dat/objects/leg_armor.lua
M dat/objects/weapons.lua
M dat/objects/arm_armor.lua
M dat/objects/head_armor.lua
M dat/actors/enemies_set_01.lua

Primary Changes
Renamed "metaphysical" to "ethereal".

Renamed two phyiscal elemental effects: slicing => slashing, smashing => crushing. Reorganized the order of physical elements so that it goes: slashing, piercing, crushing, mauling (because I believe the first two will be the most commonly seen types).

Updated the elemental icon images to reflect the order change to phyiscal elements. Also noticed a slight glitch where some of the icons were overlapping into another. Fixed it by removing the overlapping portion, but really the image needs to be fixed better (the arrows need to be shifted one pixel to the right for the second highest positive intensity. I'll get around to that later.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:55 am

Committed revision #2063.
Files Modified
M src/engine/video/video.cpp
M dat/maps/opening_scene.lua

Primary Changes
Fixed ambient overlay images not being displayed correctly due to an incorrect coordinate system being active. Now the opening scene sandstorm is properly displayed.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:50 am

Committed revision #2065.
Files Added
A LICENSES
A img/tilesets/outdoor_market.png

Primary Changes
- Added the LICENSES file to begin attributing external content appropriately and complying with license requirements
- Added a more-or-less complete tileset to build an outdoor market

Miscellaneous Notes
The outdoor market tileset art is a slightly different style than our own, in that the artwork is more "cartoon-ish". This is something that we can easily rectify in the future by simply adjusting the lighting, but it will work fine as it is currently for our needs and I consider it release-ready material. I may make some small adjustments of my own, such as making the stalls and stands higher in height.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 am

Committed revision #2066.
Files Added
A img/tilesets/desert_town_exterior.png

Files Modified
M LICENSES
M img/tilesets/castle_exterior_01.png
M src/engine/engine_bindings.cpp
M src/modes/map/map_sprites.h

Primary Changes
- Added more tileset art from external sources and updated credits appropriately
- Wrote binding code for video engine image classes
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 am

Committed revision #2067.
Files Modified
M LICENSES
M img/tilesets/harrvah_house_exterior.png
M img/tilesets/desert_town_exterior.png
M img/tilesets/castle_exterior_01.png
M img/tilesets/outdoor_market.png

Primary Changes
- Added windows to harrvah house tileset (btw I want to rename this to "desert house", since the structure should be reusable
- Added *a lot* of artwork to desert town exterior. This tileset is nearly full and I don't anticipate needing to reorganize it again
- Added some wall vegetation to the castle tileset
- Added some additional stalls and objects to the market tileset. I had to reorganize much of this tileset to get everything to fit. Tileset is nearly full now, and I don't anticipate that I will need to reorganize it again.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Committed revision #2068.
Files Added
A img/icons/armor/steel_armor.png
A img/icons/armor/buckler.png
A img/icons/armor/tunic.png
A img/icons/armor/sturdy_shield.png
A img/icons/armor/leather_armor.png
A img/icons/inventory_template.png
A img/icons/weapons/ice_staff.png
A img/icons/weapons/dagger.png
A img/icons/weapons/fire_staff.png
A img/icons/weapons/long_sword.png
A img/icons/weapons/short_sword.png
A img/icons/weapons/great_sword.png
A img/icons/weapons/earth_staff.png
A img/icons/weapons/wand.png
A img/icons/weapons/short_bow.png
A img/icons/weapons/long_bow.png
A img/icons/weapons/great_bow.png
A img/icons/weapons/slingshot.png

Files Modified
M LICENSES

Primary Changes
- Added several icons for weapons and armor that I found for FLARE. Updated the license file appropriately.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Committed revision #2069.
Files Deleted
D src/test
D src/test/test_main.cpp
D src/test/test_main.h

Files Added
A src/modes/test.h
A src/modes/test.cpp
A dat/test
A dat/test/test_main.lua

Files Modified
M src/main_options.cpp
M src/main_options.h
M src/engine/mode_manager.cpp
M src/engine/mode_manager.h
M src/engine/input.cpp
M src/main.cpp
M src/defs.h
M src/modes/boot/boot.cpp
M src/modes/boot/boot.h
M dat/config/boot.lua

Primary Changes
- A new mode, TestMode, has been added. This will be our primary testing interface. It is currently functional, but incomplete. I will flesh it out further in future commits.
- Removed the old test interface skeleton code that was never used
- Removed the temporary debugging/testing features from boot mode (the battle/menu/shop options). This functionality will be replaced with the new test mode
- Added a new input meta command, Ctrl+T, to be used with the new TestMode (existing Ctrl+T for viewing video engine texture sheets was moved to Ctrl+X)

Linux build files were updated, but Windows and OS X builds will need to be changed as well to make sure they compile in the new src/modes/test.h and src/modes/test.cpp files.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:42 am

Committed revision #2070.
Files Added
A img/sprites/enemies/goliath_scorpion_walk.png
A dat/test/battles.lua
A dat/test/maps.lua

Files Modified
M src/modes/test.cpp
M src/modes/test.h
M src/main_options.cpp
M dat/test/test_main.lua

Primary Changes
- Added a new sprite to represent the goliath scorpion boss on the map. All that I did was take the normal scorpion sprite, make it larger, and adjust the colors so that it is darker. This sprite will need additional refinement to look nice, but it's something that is usable right now
- Fixed a minor bug in processing the --debug command line argument that was introduced in an earlier commit
- A lot of changes to the new TestMode. It now works and I added a simple map test that loads the player immediately to the cave map.

The TestMode code is still buggy, but I wanted to commit what I had now as a stepping stone. I'll continue to work on this and make the interface a little easier to use and fix any issues that I find. I'll add some simple tests as well for the various game modes that can serve as examples to make it easy for others to come along and write their own tests based off of what they see there. It's pretty awesome to have something like this available to us now, and it will greatly assist in the development of maps, testing of various game modes, and game balancing. :approve: Later I'll be adding a documentation page on how to use this test interface on the wiki as well.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 am

Committed revision #2071.
Files Added
A dat/test/menus.lua
A dat/test/shops.lua
A dat/test/saves.lua

Files Modified
M .
M src/modes/test.cpp
M src/modes/menu/menu.h
M src/modes/test.h

Primary Changes
- Fixed most of the bugs present in the previous commit
- Added several new tests and test categories for other game modes. Tests added: map test that takes you to Harrvah city, basic battle test, basic menu mode test, basic shop test
- Organized the tests and test files and added additional descriptions and comments

Known Bugs
- The menu mode test doesn't work right now (seg faults) because I had to create a new no-arg constructor for the game mode (that should have been there anyway). I'll need to do some amount of cleaning in menu mode before this will work and I didn't want to have that hold up this commit
- If you select the save mode test category, you'll see a white box appear. That's supposed to be text that says "there are no tests in this category". Don't know why it's showing up like that. I'll get around to fixing it another time.
- Currently you can't access test mode from boot mode (you can only access it by starting the game with the -t option). Will add that ability in a future commit
- Currently the "instantly begin this test from the command line" feature isn't fully implemented and won't work. Again, will be finishing this later.

This interface is now fully capable of doing what I primarily created it for: testing maps. It should make map design A LOT easier from now on. Although I need to figure out how to create map tests that will spawn the player at a certain point in the map as well. For example, I want to create a test that puts the player just before the first boss battle in the cave. Not sure if we have that functionality available right now, but if not I will be adding it soon.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Committed revision #2072.
Files Modified
M src/main_options.cpp
M src/utils.h
M src/main.cpp
M src/modes/test.cpp
M src/modes/boot/boot.cpp
M src/modes/test.h
M dat/test/maps.lua
M dat/test/test_main.lua

Primary Changes
- Fixed the following:
- If you select the save mode test category, you'll see a white box appear. That's supposed to be text that says "there are no tests in this category". Don't know why it's showing up like that. I'll get around to fixing it another time.
- Currently you can't access test mode from boot mode (you can only access it by starting the game with the -t option). Will add that ability in a future commit
- Currently the "instantly begin this test from the command line" feature isn't fully implemented and won't work. Again, will be finishing this later.

- Added some debug code that analyzes the loaded test data to ensure that category and test IDs are correct
- Added a feature that will enable tests to chain one another. Basically within the test function you call a TestMode method that declares the next test to run, which will start immediately once the current test returns to TestMode. Not tested yet, but it works the same way as the "begin immediate test" feature

Known Bugs
- Still need to fix MenuMode issue
- There are some quirks with the instant run test feature that I still need to look into. It runs the test function, but doesn't immediately switch to the requested mode. You usually have to hit confirm or something before the mode launches. I think this may be due to the fact that I am pushing a new game mode on to the stack when the Reset() method is being called for TestMode, and the game stack is getting screwed up as a result. I've seen double linked list pointer exceptions being thrown if I exit the mode as well. This one may take a while to resolve, so that's why I committed what I have anyway. You probably should avoid using this feature for the time being.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:14 am

Committed revision #2073.
Files Added
A img/tilesets/destruction.png
A img/tilesets/castle_exterior_greystone_01.png
A img/tilesets/castle_exterior_greystone_02.png

Files Modified
M LICENSES

Primary Changes
- Added new tilesets for a different style of castle. Still needs some cleanup (removing grass portions), but should otherwise be good to go for use in maps.
- Added a new tileset for elements of destruction. This will hold debris, fire, explosions, and so on that are used in the Harrvah under attack scene, as well as other parts of the game in later releases.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:18 am

Committed revision #2074.
Files Modified
M src/modes/map/map_treasure.cpp
M src/modes/map/map.cpp
M src/modes/menu/menu.h
M LICENSES

Primary Changes
- MenuMode no longer requires the location name + graphic file to be passed to its constructor. This fixes the MenuMode test in the new test interface (ie this test now works correctly).

Miscellaneous Notes
Insomnia's a bitch. Especially when you have a half marathon race in the morning, but decide to write code since you can't sleep. :cry:
gorzuate
Developer

Postby gorzuate » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:01 am

Well, I hope the half marathon went all right with what little sleep you got!
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 pm

It was fine. I set a personal best time by a few minutes. Sleep doesn't matter that much the night before a race (it's two nights before a race when sleep is most important).

Committed revision #2075.
Files Modified
M img/tilesets/destruction.png
M src/modes/map/map.cpp

Primary Changes
- Minor tweak to last commit. I was setting the location when a map was being loaded, which isn't a smart thing to do (it should only be set in the Reset() method when the map becomes active).
- Lots of additions to the destruction tileset, as follows:

- I edited the existing campfire animation in there to remove the wood, so it looks more like a fire that can be placed onto of anything. Here's what it looks like at 200ms per frame (timing can be adjusted of course. This looks a little too slow to me, so I think 175ms might be a good timing).
- I added an edited version of a fire burning in a pot from another tileset (removed the pot) so we have a smaller fire animation as well
- Took a few objects (mostly equipment tiles) from building_interior_objects_01.png and put them in there. Did a few edits and variations to them so that it looks more like random equipment that was dropped on a battle field
- Added various blood pools, splatters, and markings. Used a red color for "humans" and a darker maroon color for "demons". This is entirely placeholder art that should be replaced later. I literally just took some brush strokes in GIMP to make some various sized blood marks.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:04 am

Committed revision #2076.
Files Modified
M src/defs.h
M src/modes/map/map.cpp
M src/modes/map/map.h
M dat/maps/harrvah_city.lua
M dat/test/maps.lua

Primary Changes
- The return scene to the city no longer has the lightning, sandstorm, or wind. The nght time lighting is still active and the troops march home in an eerie silence.
- Had to make some minor changes to the way map mode handles music to achieve the above. If you want map mode to play music as soon as it becomes active, you have to declare the track to play in the Load() function of the script.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Committed revision #2077.
Files Added
A img/sprites/creatures/mak_hound.png

Files Modified
M dat/actors/map_sprites_stock.lua
M dat/maps/river_access_cave.lua

Primary Changes
- Added Namakoro's Mak Hound sprite. This is a placeholder as it is lacking all direction and animation frames
- Made map sprites easier to construct. You no longer have to specify the location offsets. You can just say put it at "10.4, 29.65" and the Lua function will automatically extract the integer and offset parts
- The opening scene is in the middle of a complete re-write. It's about 50% done, and this commit is meant to save my progress on it thus far. It no longer transitions to the cave map, so if you want to get on that map you'll have to use the testing interface.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Committed revision #2078.
Files Modified
M src/modes/map/map.cpp
M src/modes/map/map_sprites.cpp
M src/modes/map/map.h

Primary Changes
- Added some additional methods to make it easier to show/hide various parts of the GUI in map mode
- Opening scene is now 90% complete. Currently missing: Mak hound animations, de-synching the knight animations during the march, need some additional minor tweaks to positions, movement paths, and timings.

Will be taking various stabs at the opening scene in the future to address what is missing, but I'm done focusing on it for now. Moving on to the cave map.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:02 am

Committed revision #2079.
Files Modified
M src/engine/video/image.h
M src/engine/video/image.cpp
M src/modes/map/map_sprites.h
M src/modes/map/map_sprites.cpp

Primary Changes
- Fixed some minor bugs I discovered in map sprite update code and AddFrame() methods for AnimatedImage class
- Added a new method to AnimatedImage class: RandomizeCurrentLoopProgress(). Pretty obvious what it does, and I do think we will be making a lot of use of this function in the future. It is great at helping de-synchronize multiple instances of an animation on a screen. So for example say we have a dozen or so fires we want on a map so we create a dozen different AnimatedImage objects for each of them. When the map is loading, just call this method on each of those animations and they won't appear to be "synchronized" when they are on the screen.
- Used new method to "de-synch" the walking animations of the sprites during the desert march in the opening scene. I'm actually surprised at how much better it looks when the sprites aren't all animating exactly the same way.
rujasu
Developer

Postby rujasu » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 am

Committed revision #2080.
Files Modified
A dat/tilesets/outdoor_market.lua
M dat/maps/harrvah_city.lua

Primary Changes
- Added new market tileset data
- WIP of completely redesigned Harrvah City map. The actual quality of the map is awful right now, I don't even know if it's salvageable. But at least the scale is hopefully correct this time...

Return to “Programming”