Want to be a developer? Submit a patch? Start here.

For discussion of the code running behind the game

Moderator: Staff

maxandonuts

Re: Want to be a developer? Submit a patch? Start here.

Postby maxandonuts » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi, I realized i missed some things in my initial post. I work mostly on Windows, and don't really have any preferences, although i enjoy UI, gameplay and graphics programming, but I like the project and can do anything to help out, so pretty much anything from tools to scripting. Im looking into the issue you pointed me to, as soon as I have something ill get in touch, i have a hurricane nearby so I hadnt been able to connect :(

Greetings.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:13 am

Well that's something I hadn't heard before. :heh: Alright, take your time on that issue and don't be afraid to ask questions.
maxandonuts

Postby maxandonuts » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:47 pm

Hello, I've been missing some time as work and life got in the way, but I built the code and started working on the bug only to find out it had been resolved :(, is there something else I can take a shot at?

Greetings
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:46 am

Glad to have you back. :approve:

How about getting this a shot?
https://bitbucket.org/allacrost/allacro ... -character

I know it's assigned to someone else right now, but he hasn't been around for over a month so its safe to assume that he's not working on it. This has to do with the character party menu code (aka MenuMode). It's in a sad shape I'm afraid, and could use some love all around, including a new UI design (which we haven't gotten around to discussing here yet). I think fixing this issue can come first, and if you like doing this kind of work it would be awesome if you could take ownership of this code and really make it shine.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:03 pm

:hack: I've added a number of new tasks to our issue tracker in the last few days. Almost all of the tasks listed here are easy to moderate in scope and difficulty, and should be fine for a new or inexperienced developer to pick up. Please feel free to grab the ones you like. I don't think there's a way for people to assign themselves an issue unless they are listed on this team, and only I can add people to this currently. So if you want to be added, send me a message.

I also updated all the issues today assigning them a release milestone. Everything in version 1.0.0 needs to be done for the next official release. Everything with a milestone of "Future Release" is for something post 1.0.0, but if we end up getting it done for 1.0.0, that's perfectly fine.

I also added a couple more components to the issue tracker. "Scripts" are for issues directly related to code found in Lua scripts (typically, these are bugs specific to a certain map or battle). "Other" is to catch all other issues that don't fall under one of the other categories, which will typically include things like anything in src/common, utilities, or build files.

Return to “Programming”