Hello, I've just made a drawing of Claudius

For discussing and sharing all forms of artwork related to the game

Moderator: Staff

hmslima

Hello, I've just made a drawing of Claudius

Postby hmslima » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:46 am

Hello, my name is Matheus, I am from Brazil. I am interested in being part of a creative commons/open source project as a 2D illustrator.

I don't know whether I am capable to do something for the project because of I am not very good when the matter is coloring, but I am interested in the project.

I made a drawing of Claudius, as I have not a scanner for now, I used my smartphone to take a photo.

Tomorrow I will try a better drawing with colors.
Kamo bleigu aghyerns, dengu middiens, windic posmiddiens ed starwent nocts
Roots
Dictator

Re: Hello, I've just made a drawing of Claudius

Postby Roots » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:40 am

Hi, I can't see the image. It just says "Image". If you'd like to help out, one simple thing that we could use are some "silhouette" face portraits. Conveniently, these do not require coloring. :) You can make some generic ones for adult male, adult female, child, a knight, a merchant, and so on.

You should take a look at this wiki page to find our all our specifications for different images. Look to the "Face Portraits" section for the type of artwork I described that we could use for our silhouettes. Also, I want to make sure you understand that we have little to no use for "concept art" in this project. Any art we create should go in the game, not serve as some sort of "guide" for other artists to reinterpret (that robs them of their creativity, which is one of the most fun things about creating art).
hmslima

Postby hmslima » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:55 am

I've made many drawings and the best style was of the one below, as I already know how to do a image in the right way, I will make more, but I fear that I only can show more images in the next weekend.

I've learned many things with the drawing process of this image, so I will make better ones next time.

As I will do another image of Claudius, I will not try to recover the image I've tried to post in this topic in the first post.

I have a question: what is the age of Claudius and Rafaela?

Roots wrote: If you'd like to help out, one simple thing that we could use are some "silhouette" face portraits

How is this exactly, can you show me an example? How it will be used in the game? (This last question is for I make something that fits well in the game)

EDIT:

Extra question: was there any problem with the forum, I couldn't post here yesterday and this morning, when I tried to access any part of the forum, I was redirected to a page with dates about the project's progress.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Claudius and Rafaela are both in their mid 20s. We already have portraits for both as we ll as some other main characters, so if your objective is to get something into the game, I'd advise going with the silhouettes I mentioned.

The silhouettes will be used just like any other face portrait, primarily for dialogue windows. Refer to the wiki page I previously linked to for the exact specifications. Just do a google image for "silhouette" for examples.

As per your forum issues, every new member has to have their first forum post approved by someone on the team. It's just to catch any spammers that get past our filter before they fill the forums with crap posts. The second issue this weekend affected everyone as a technical issue made the forums unavailable until I was able to find what was wrong and fix it. Hopefully it won't happen again.
hmslima

Postby hmslima » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:33 pm

Ah, OK. Thanks for the answer.

Return to “Artwork”