Discuss and share compositions for the game here

Moderator: Staff

Mark Darkness

Male voice

Postby Mark Darkness » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:23 am

Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:50 am

Both of these won't cut it as-is, but the second one could possibly be edited to be useable. In fact, I've tried such an edit, fwiw.
http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/jet ... lehurt.ogg

Part of the problem with these is that both of these sound like a teenager's voice. Your sound recording technique is good, it's just the voice that's not right for the part. I don't mean to be harsh about that; my voice sounds awful recorded, too. :cry:

The good news, though, is that with your ability to record clear sounds with your equipment, you could record a number of very useful SFX for us. Try recording SFX of picking up and setting down objects - that's something we'll have immediate use for.

(Note - my edit was done by a slight 3% pitch shift down, and then just trimming down to small section early in the sound, and just fading in and fading out that section. Just trying to open-source my methods, here. :D)
Mark Darkness

Postby Mark Darkness » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:32 pm

Sure, I sent those for the hell of it, as placeholders maybe. I can use my voice about one or two semitones lower than that, but still, if you are looking for a very adult voice then you might as well get somebody else.

I might give making some SFX and music a try later on... actually, I might turn my attention to HoA once I'm done with my own game - in October. I have seven years of music behind me and have been composing soundtracks for amateur movies for about four years or so... I work mostly with NaturalInstruments and EastWest VST's... if you guys aren't using MIDI, that's what I'd use were I to compose anything.

Regards,
qubodup

Postby qubodup » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:20 pm

I posted some "Uaargh" sounds to ufo:ai, check them out: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php ... 7#msg11822
pazcar

Re: Male voice

Postby pazcar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:10 pm

These sounds are really great. I like it!
Hi

Return to “Music”