We're starting to pick up steam again. I hope that by the end of the month, we'll be ready to bring back a full development team. Here's what we've been able to do in the past few weeks.
- The forums have re-opened for registration. We're still dealing with some spam issues, but otherwise everything is working great.
- The new wiki is up and available at http://www.allacrost.org/wiki. I'm about half way through migrating all the content from the old wiki.
- The working copy of the code in the subversion repository has been broken for a while (on Linux at least). That has now been fixed.
- The code import process from Valyria Tear has begun. New features and bug fixes are streaming into the code at a rapid pace.
And here are some additional tasks that I hope to have complete before next month.
- Update and enhance our bug tracker software
- Add a testing interface that makes it very simple to test maps and battles. This will make it much easier for our game designers to do their work.
- Do a re-organization of our wiki, and update content relevant to new contributors to the project. I want to make it as easy as possible for someone to come along and help out where they can.
As I mentioned before, I don't believe I will have time to update our website by myself, but I gladly welcome anyone who would like to upgrade our Drupal backend and improve our layout. I've had to disable commenting on news posts for now due to issues with spam.
Over on the Valyria Tear project, the first release is estimated to be available in a couple weeks time. Once it is out, I will make an announcement about it here.